We are open to applicants based in San Jose, California; Austin, Texas and Vancouver, Canada
Absolute is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our Insights development team. You will have opportunities to learn and apply cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world security challenges for our customers.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and building data pipelines for extraction, transformation and loading of data into our analytics platform (Insights). You will take ownership of large software components, help to design the architecture, apply your knowledge to optimize the design and then utilize your programming skills to create an efficient and robust solution.
- Design, construct, test and maintain robust and scalable data pipelines.
- Research, prototype and apply different methods to improve data reliability, fault tolerance and system performance.
- Instrument, monitor and troubleshoot these systems in a Production environment.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews, integration and automated testing.
- Adopt and improve our Agile development process.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in the development of real time and batch data processing pipelines.
- Positive attitude, drive and determination to make every project a success.
- Strong Python development skills, with an emphasis on unit testing.
- AWS development experience (EC2, Lambda, IAM, S3, RDS, Secrets Manager).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Argo CD.
- Experience developing solutions on Elasticsearch is highly desirable.
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB experience is desirable.
- Must be comfortable with git, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
Why Work For Us:
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: