About the Role
We’re building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads.
We need your awesome talent to lead our technical project efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We’re a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we’d love to chat further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the management, development and monitoring of planning, budget, respect of deadlines, and quality of deliverables;
- Understand and discuss the needs of internal clients and translate them (with the help of the architect) into solution scenarios (budget, planning, risks).
- Present and defend the scenarios to decision-makers.
- Coordinate internal and external resources (including suppliers) during the study, experimentation and negotiation phases.
- Organize the user test phases with the IT support teams concerned.
- Continuous improvement of the solutions deployed in the form of an Agile project.
- Be the reference point for projects: communicate proactively and appropriately with all project stakeholders (internal customers, teams and other stakeholders).
- Change & Risk Management.
- Develop expertise within the community by coordinating training actions and participation in external technical events.
- Organize and facilitate annual workshops.
- Recognize problems related to project objectives.
- Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems.
- Independently generate solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge.
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and improve or develop complementary solutions.
- Next-level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience and empathy.
- University degree in computer science, project management, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT project management.
- Mastery of the different phases of an IT project.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure components and their uses.
- Obsessive note-taking abilities.
- Strong document structure proficiency (especially in Jira or Markdown).
- Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches.
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in different project phases.
- Project Planning, tracking, change control, financial management and issue/risk management.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
Nice to Haves
- Clubhouse.io or Jira.
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: