A Senior Software Engineer at Verimatrix participates in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The software engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products that may reside on-premises at a customer’s site or in the cloud. The engineer should enjoy working through the software development lifecycle. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of particular solutions in the group he/she joins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Design and develop software for managing premium video content in various environments
- Participate and lead discussions dealing with architectures, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
- Implement designs, write code, write, and perform unit tests, integrate into our distributed video security system and follow deliverables through the product design/development lifecycle
- Develop new algorithms and software, analyze, review, and re-architect current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability
- Estimate and plan development tasks, improve development processes and tools to meet corporate targets
- Work with CI/CD of cloud/virtualized DRM products. Creation and use of
- Work with supervisors in other departments to resolve problems and facilitate product development efforts
- Mentor other software engineers
- Share technical knowledge and skills throughout the department
- Proactively suggest changes to the products, processes or internal tools to improve efficiency
- Raise technical risks to engineering management
- Provide customer technical support as needed
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8 or more years software engineering work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years C/C++ and/or Java design and coding experience (more than 1 language is a big plus)
- 2 or more years’ experience developing for, maintaining, and deploying cloud infrastructure and applications. Deep understanding of core AWS services and best practices including scalability and security.
- Significant programming experience using Multi-threading and Client/ distributed architecture
- Experience using Object-oriented programming techniques
- Solid communication skills including documentation
- Application programming in Linux
- Experience with software version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
Each of the Following would be a Plus
- Docker and containerization technologies
- Experience mentoring other software engineers
- Agile software development experience
- Network programming using TCP, UDP, etc.
- Experience using Tomcat, TomEE, EJB, and/or Distributed Caches
- Experience using SOAP and/or REST interfaces
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Working understanding of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Development experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (administration experience also a bonus)
- Digital Rights Management
- Knowledge of security technologies including firewalls, IPS, Web Security, security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
TRAVEL: up to 10% if required by the organization for business needs – overnight traveling within USA as well internationally
Verimatrix helps power the modern connected world with Security Made for People™. We protect digital content, applications, and devices with intuitive, people-centered, and frictionless security. Leading brands turn to Verimatrix to secure everything from premium movies and live streaming sports to sensitive financial and healthcare data, to mission-critical mobile applications. We enable the trusted connections our customers depend on to deliver compelling content and experiences to millions of consumers around the world. Verimatrix helps partners to get to market faster, scale easily, protect valuable revenue streams, and win new business.
By submitting this form, I agree to the processing of my personal data for the purpose of processing my job application and replying to my request,
in compliance with Verimatrix’s Privacy Notice
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: