We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Machine Learning) to join our rapidly growing University of Oxford company in our Engineering team. We are a group of passionate, skilled and inquisitive individuals working together in an open, transparent and fun environment, where contributions are encouraged and valued to help achieve our vision of a future where AI and Humans work together to solve the world’s most important problems
You will love getting stuck-in; taking ideas from concept through to production, making elegant and maintainable solutions to complex data-centric problems, and working with an awesome team of like-minded engineers building exciting new products.
Your passion for software engineering and product development will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced start-up environment. Our collaborative, flexible and autonomous way of working will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn and explore new technologies and tools, whilst driving us forward to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You’ll be joining one of our Product teams, working on integrating new ideas and features into our machine learning platform. Our teams are cross-functional, so you’ll be designing and developing features across a web-based stack and rapidly prototyping, exploring and testing ideas. You will iterate on new features with users, and work out how to apply machine learning to solve real problems.
You will be responsible for driving best practice in how the team integrates and maintains machine learning. Our teams own their code, from design through deployment and into operation, so your work will have real impact. You will also play a significant role in the wider development process, including contributing to discussions on designs and ways on improving the team. Our current stack is in Python and Node for the backend, with Typescript and React for the frontend, all deployed within Kubernetes.
We’ve been working successfully as a fully remote team during the pandemic and are open to this role being remote, part-remote or office based within a (+/- 2hrs GMT).
- Prototyping, implementing and adapting ML algorithms to work reliably and efficiently on real-world problems.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure needed for production-ready machine learning.
- Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team of engineers to develop and improve product features.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 2 years of commercial software engineering experience working across all parts of the software development life cycle.
- Experience deploying ML and data pipelines in production applications. You don’t need to be an expert in the latest deep net architecture, but you do need to know how to get that model out of Jupyter and make it useful.
- Experience working in an iterative Agile environment
- Experience with Python and at least one other core technology in our stack (React, Node, Flask, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes)
GREAT TO HAVE:
- Experience with modern data processing and ML frameworks, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark, Kubeflow, and MLFlow.
- A broad understanding of data science and statistics.
- Experience working closely with users, working out what to build and why
- Experience architecting and designing complex software systems
- Experience mentoring less tenured developers, helping them grow both their technical and non-technical skills.
- An interest in data visualisation, and communicating complex data insights.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You mean, as well as joining a talented and fun team of scientists, engineers, storytellers and problem-solvers dedicated to innovation, ethical AI, the pursuit of knowledge and making the world a better place? Well, we believe in investing in our people by encouraging career and personal development. We strive to ensure all staff have the tools, time & support they need to shape their own professional development. We want to help you to be the best at what you do and to allow you to grow with the company.
You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package, an awesome work environment in Summertown (Oxford, UK), if that’s where you choose to work from.We also offer great benefits such as:
- Flexible working
- Professional and personal development
- Private healthcare (including dental and optical cover)
- Stakeholder Pension
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity for equity in the company
- Physical and mental health well-being initiatives e.g. discounts on gym memberships and sportswear & equipment, free fitness & nutrition programmes and professional mental health support sessions
- Life cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Plus many more e.g. social events, games night, pub lunches, office treats etc - even in our current Covid world!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: