We are looking for a Junior BI / Data Engineer to join our growing Data Analysis, Digital Intelligence team. We are looking for a SQL guru with broad analytics and technical skills to dive into large amounts of data and influence decisions with powerful data visualizations and dashboards. You will help to design and implement enrichment pipelines, working with partners to ensure that important decision-makers have access to the information needed to delight our members. You will be working directly across cross-functional teams including but not limited to Paid Media teams, Architecture & Engineering, Reporting Solutions, Client Services, Strategy, and Data Science. To design and develop data-driven solutions and pipelines to uncover key insights for our various retail and e-commerce clients. This includes analyzing and manipulating multiple large and complex data sets to provide business insights that drive efficiency changes for the paid media and data analysis teams to inform decisions on digital marketing efforts.
You Will Be
- Generating insights from data in the form of refined tabular and graphical reports, metrics, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Gathering data source and deliverable requirements from stakeholders and developing reports and dashboards to validate data quality.
- Managing and monitoring multiple data pipelines and ETL tasks related to multiple client data streams.
- Assisting to create a reliable and scalable infrastructure for ongoing reporting and analytics.
- Working with various paid media client services, account management, data analysis, engineering, product & reporting, and data science teams to create efficient data pipelines with large datasets and upkeep processes, taxonomy, and workflows documentation.
- Experienced with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Shell) in order to update or troubleshoot existing scripts for basic BI use cases (e.g. data transformations, statistical tests and analyses, process automation)
You Must Have
- 0-1 year of experience in reporting, BI, or data engineering.
- Advanced level Excel and Google Sheets experience.
- Robust ETL and data modeling experience with SQL, including Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML)Strong knowledge of database and data warehousing structures and schema.
- Solid attention to detail with the ability to debug and troubleshoot code/queries.
- Experience creating API calls for the purposes of gathering and storing large datasets (batch or streaming).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to present effectively and to explain algorithms and insights to major non-technical stakeholders.
- A rich understanding of data visualization and storytelling practices.
- Curiosity to continuously learn more about programming and digital marketing.
- Familiarity with at least one BI solution (ex: Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, MicroStrategy, Looker, Funnel, Domo, Datorama, Segment, etc.).
- Knowledge with at least 1 data warehousing platform (ex: Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least 1 programming language (ex: Python, Java, R, Apps Script, etc.), preferably Python.
- A collaborative mentality with the ability to work independently
Nice To Have
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills in Python.
- Familiarity with CRM data.
- Familiarity with the command line program.
- Understanding of cloud solutions such as S3, BigQuery, Airflow, etc. is a plus (ex: GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Familiarity with Git.
- Working experience with digital media platforms (ex: Facebook, Google Ads, The Trade Desk, etc.).
- Knowledge/experience in the digital marketing industry.
- Experience and/or certification in web analytics platforms (ex: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting