We are seeking a bioinformatics scientist who is passionate about making real differences in the field of molecular diagnostics and is enthusiastic about working in an exciting startup environment. This position will report to the head of bioinformatics and will be involved in improving and developing targeted sequencing panel design and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis algorithms for applications such as cancer liquid biopsy, fusion detection, gene expression, and single-cell analyses, etc.
This position requires a person with a strong commitment to science and technology and with demonstrated knowledge in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, and programming. The ideal candidate should be energetic, open-minded, detail-oriented, and results-driven.
- Improve targeted sequencing panel design pipeline.
- Improve panel design algorithms.
- Perform panel design for internal and external customers.
- Troubleshoot amplicon sequencing results.
- Improve NGS data analysis pipeline.
- Improve various variant calling algorithms.
- Analyze NGS data to facilitate research and development effort of the company.
Qualifications & Background:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or related field.
- 3+ years of industrial working experience preferred. Title may be adjusted based on experience.
- Customer-facing experience preferred.
- Experience with PCR primer design and targeted sequencing.
- Experience with NGS data analysis pipeline development.
- Strong proficiency with Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, and R.
- Experience with custom software development.
- Familiarity with parallel computing, database, and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in technical communication with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Paragon Genomics:
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex DNA, CleanPlex RNA, and CleanPlex UMI provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and stock options.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: