ActioNet is looking for a Mid-level Ansible/Linux Engineer for the RMAS Program, located in Washington DC.
Summary: Seeking an Ansible Automation/Mid-Level Linux Engineer to support an East Coast government client in a remote capacity. Client uses several internal private clouds to manage 450+ development and test servers supporting Agile development teams. Engineer will use Ansible automation to support server creation and management, support application development through Ansible deployment of fixes and enhancements across multiple servers at the OS, middleware, and application level, and provide mid-level Linux server system administration support. You will be working with a team of engineers and administrators (federal and contractor). Position expects a high level of commitment and collaboration with various teams. Client utilizes vRealize Automation (vRA) 7.6 virtual data center hosted by the client’s centralized hosting office. The candidate will be responsible for the development of automation solutions primarily utilizing Ansible Core with some Python. We are in the process of updating Ansible from 2.4 to 2.9.
- Develop Ansible playbooks and modules using bash and Python as needed. Team has recently started using PowervRA to interact with the vRA 7.6 API
- Work collaboratively within the Engineering team to create and deploy Ansible solutions for a distributed data center infrastructure environment
- Administer Ansible infrastructure, perform maintenance and configuration and provide SME level support
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev and test RHEL 6 & RHEL 7 environments and on production CI/CD pipeline servers (running on RHEL 7) used by the teams for automated builds and deployments
- Update system and process documentation, user guides, SOPs, and diagrams as needed
- Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Engineering team to modernize the current environment and improve the team’s automation processes, procedures, and governance
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 5 years of experience
- Strong experience coding and scripting - Ansible Core, bash, Python (Python 2.7 preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Source Code Control Systems (Git) (Atlassian BitBucket preferred), experience creating repos and ability to train staff on how to use and create home directories, etc. using ssh as needed.
- Strong background in managing server environments via VMWare and/or vRealize Automation software. Knowledge of PowervRA automation tool a plus
- Experience with Ansible Tower, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet a plus
- Strong experience with RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 system administration (RHEL 8 a plus)
- Windows system administration experience a plus (2016 and/or 2019)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service architecture
- High proficiency with English writing, grammar, and usage and strong communication skills. Must have interest in and desire to create quality documentation.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously. Management skills include prompt updating of issue tracking tickets with issue/fix well documented.
- Proactive and motivated to learn and evaluate current state of processes and make improvements
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products
- Familiarity with Active Directory and LDAP
- While position is currently 100% remote due to COVID, preference is for candidate to be able to come into the office located near Union Station in Washington, DC at least once per week if/when office re-opens.
Education & Experience:
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: