Scrum Master - U.S. Remote (West Coast Hours)
Hi there! Have you noticed that the restaurant industry is changing?
We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously.
As a leading provider of restaurant technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team. If you’ve excelled at every job you’ve held but always thought something was missing, please, read on.
ParTech, Inc. is seeking a Scrum Master to join our Brink Point-of-Sale (POS) software delivery team. This position is more than a traditional role and requires someone who is passionate, knowledgeable of the POS industry and motivated to deliver world-class technology solutions. The successful candidate for this position will be actively working on one of our product delivery teams and helping lead the team through the agile lifecycle, shepherding the process. This includes working with internal partners and stakeholders to remove roadblocks, reporting on team performance, organizing product backlogs, and acting as a player/coach. The successful candidate will understand business needs and work closely with the product owner to ensure the team can implement software solutions effectively.
What We’re Looking For
- 4-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master in the software industry, ideally with experience in POS, or equivalent experience.
- Scrum Master certification highly desired.
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing life cycles.
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs.
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Technical experience with custom-built software applications, scripting languages (Powershell, python, etc.), SQL Server, and AWS technologies or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Agile delivery tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence).
- Able to purposefully identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Proven technical experience working with software delivery teams including Windows, modern web sites, DevOps, and client/server solutions.
- Familiarity with all types of technical documentations (process maps, BRDs, system diagrams, user experience, application maps, test plans, user stories, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle a vast array of information.
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, review, demo, stand-ups and retrospect’s.
- Strong written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Proactive communication style; ability to question, clarify and document.
- Passionate about building next-generation technologies, enjoys fast-paced environments, and loves to innovate.
- Ability to adapt to different North American time zones dependent on team.
Why We Need You
- Coach team members and shepherd the process in an agile governance framework by leading all Scrum ceremonies and coaching the Product Owner on organizing the backlog.
- Motivate the software delivery team and push for changes that will ensure higher quality and timeliness of deliveries.
- Ensure the definition of done is strictly followed.
- Partner with the software delivery team to proactively identify issues, mitigate risks and ensure sprint commitments are kept.
- Track, provide analysis, and report comprehensive performance and quality metrics for the software delivery team.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve efficiency across the software delivery team.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Product Owner.
- Work across the organization as needed to remove roadblocks that are impacting the software delivery team.
- Manage JIRA sprints and monitor burndown, velocity and overall success delivering on commitments.
- Oversee advancement of team tasks while leveraging technical know-how to identify implementations that are going off-track to ensure they recover.
- Provide coaching and assistance as needed to ensure the Product Owner produces top-quality user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Learn the product to increase the value provided to the software delivery team.
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management.
Who We Are
PAR invented the FIRST point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. PAR’s solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries. Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start. We believe our customers want technology that is open and fast that enables their ability to innovate.
We’re looking for people who are hungry to go beyond the idea of ‘just a job’. PAR’s not for everyone though: We work hard, and we really reward success. We push ourselves and each other to be better every day. We’re ferocious in battle but gentle in spirit. We’re hands-on people. We keep our room clean and make our bed because details matter. We believe it is better to be fast than big, and that being both is best. We believe diversity creates strong systems and communities. We experiment. Sometimes we break things, but we learn quickly. We’re honest and our intentions are good. And we always offer the last slice of dessert to our guests. We’ve got each other’s and our customers’ backs no matter what.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: