Amentum is currently seeking a System Administrator III to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The System Administrators will provide on-site and off-site configuration, operations, and optimization support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
- Provide Unix/Linux Systems Administration and Application Administration support for server systems that host critical applications and services.
- Daily work will include but not limited to application administration, operating system maintenance, application and server troubleshooting, automating tasks, and working in a team to resolve issues in a ticket queue system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May work remotely, however, occasional travel to the work-site in Albuquerque, NM will be required.
- Must be a U.S citizen
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q/L level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
Must have a Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience
- Or Associates Degree and 5 years related experience
- Or High School diploma / GED and 8 years related experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a large, distributed environment providing Unix/Linus Server System Administration.
- Demonstrated experience with IT customer service, troubleshooting technical issues, and managing inventories for IT product lifecycles.
- Active Clearance at the TS or DOE L level preferred.
- Experience working with WebLogic and ColdFusion
- Creating and modifying automated scripts using various scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, and Bash.
- Familiarity with automated administration tools such as Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Familiarity with the application and web within Unix/Linux platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Planning and performing software upgrades for various operating systems and tools.
- Using Sandia’s ITSM ticketing system.
- Experience working with vulnerability scanning results to mitigate or remediate findings.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
Rocky Mountain Institute