GCIO is seeking a Data Scientist Team Lead who will apply senior application product expert skills to support building processes that manage and improve OIT’s response posture to system events impacting end users and Veterans. This includes working with business partners to improve communication and responsiveness to application failures by minimizing impacts in performance degradation and availability, working towards a significant reduction in application downtime and impact to the users. You will be directing an analytics team including statisticians, data analysts and data scientists to support the group objectives.
- Responsible for the communication and coordination of activities between data analytics team, external and internal clients and contract stakeholders pertaining to team products and product delivery to end‐users.
- Lead data analytic team project and scrum management for OTG activities and projects using agile methodologies.
- Responsible for development and management of team charters, process improvement recommendation documents and presentations, memorandums of understandings / memorandums of agreements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for managing Action Items and following up with action owners to ensure resolution.
- Utilize technical area expertise to assess, select, manage and implement enterprise application components, and to ensure that the technical solution solves the business problem as an organic part of the organization’s operational and functional baseline.
- Support technical strategies that will improve productivity across functional areas within the organization.
- Educate others with regard to product-specific best practices.
- Leads enterprise applications integration efforts and oversee the validation of associated work products.
- Direct analytics team in providing data analysis of IT systems and Incidents to identify trends, interpret metrics, and discover insights into IT operations and impairments to users or systems.
- Provide work direction and guidance to other personnel; ensure accuracy of the work of other personnel, operate under deadlines, and ability to work on multiple tasks, including working to advise experienced statisticians and data scientists in machine learning and data modeling.
- Seek out data from systems, find and leverage methods to extract difficult or unstructured data from systems, and use modern data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, others) to mine data from systems, compile and compare data sources, and identify impactful trends or insights.
- Interpret the data for OI&T systems/applications and provide reports, visuals, and graphics.
- Support the collection, development, and/or editing of content for white papers and other communication devices; and assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of executive communication to effect process improvement.
- Support the vision of the overall user experience across all creative disciplines by leading human-centered design, information architecture, usability, and other applicable best practices while aligning deliverables with overall user experience strategies
- Support optimization overall customer and end-user experience across all engagement and interactions.
- Demonstrate proficiency with DevOps tools, JIRA, ServiceNow, MS Project and perform tasks using the tools
Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- 5+ years of relative experience
- Certifications in relevant UX software plus 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education (13-15 years total)
- Experience managing data analytics team, performing complex data analytics and data science methods.
- Experience using modern data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, SAS, Python, SIMIO, machine learning, others...).
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to the analytics team deliverables and overall initiative support.
- Must be able to provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
- Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Experience identifying symptoms for process improvement.
- Advisory level experience communications including being able to craft content for executive level presentations.
- Possess an IT background and ability to understand technical content with the ability to focus on specific product or technology family on multiple platforms, which is supplemented with a clear understanding of the business requirements and related applications issues.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: