Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our Carbon Black Cloud Development teams to build solutions that will help us deliver an industry leading security product to our customers. Join a talented team of developers using a wide variety of latest cloud technologies to solve big problems while partnering with threat researchers who are on the bleeding edge of malware analysis. You’ll build solutions that our customers are clamoring for, that will help our customers prevent the next front page security breach.
This position is available for remote work within Bulgaria or Poland.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, implement, support, and enhance a data platform reporting and analytics for Carbon Black Cloud;
- Build and maintain data pipelines to ingest and refresh data and metrics from a variety of data sources;
- Enable self-service reporting and analytics while ensuring proper access controls are in place and enforced;
- Develop and implement tests to ensure data quality across all integrated data sources.
What You’ll Bring:
- Expert level programming experience with Java and/or Python particularly in the area of data processing with Spark or Hive;
- Experience with databases in OLAP (Online analytical processing) systems;
- Expert level knowledge and experience with SQL;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities at once;
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the position;
- Attention to detail and excellent communication and documentation writing skills;
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge and experience in Python frameworks used in data processing e.g. Pandas, NumPy;
- Good understanding of storage systems such as HDFS;
- Knowledge and experience with Flink;
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, Lambda, Athena, Kinesis, EMR;
- Experience with distributed systems and service oriented architectures / miroservices and synchronous / asynchronous communication patterns such as REST, Protobuf, Kafka;
- Some knowledge of Infrastructure As Code tooling such as Terraform.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
SiteZeus is hiring a Data Scientist to join our growing product team! Our ideal candidate has a strong background in Data Science and Statistics. SiteZeus is a location intelligence SaaS platform based out of Tampa, FL and founded in 2013. We are a remote organization focuse
Job Description:One of our Fortune 50 Global Partners is looking for an experienced Sr. Java Developer with strong knowledge in SailPoint, as they are in the beginning stages of rolling out SailPoint enterprise-wide. 100% remote, EST hours. Apply today to connect with our team fo
The Enterprise Architect is a key member of the engineering team who sits at the intersection of product development and current and future technology vision. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for providing leadership from an enterprise-wide perspective in the definition, d
About us:Would you like to work in a technology-driven scale up, where you can make an actual impact? VMRay is one of Europe's most successful cyber security scale ups with strong international growth and an upper management with technical expertise. Our unique technology and inn
Most important:Solid experience working on Data Engineering related projectsSolid hands-on professional software development skills using Python or Java.Experience designing, building, and maintaining data systems and processes using cloud-based platforms such as GCP, AWS, includ
RemoteUpwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of wor
More jobs by this company
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?VMware Commerce and Finance Engineering team is building an industry leading SaaS commerce platform at cloud scale. This platform must be scalable, highly available, and cater to current and future SaaS product go to market strategies.What.
VMware's vCenter Hybridity team is seeking an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer to join us in our SaaS transformation journey! As part of VMware's next compelling cloud offering, we are building a talented team to operate, maintain, and improve the quality of our service.Brin