This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
Canonical's Online Services team develops and operates the backend services that power the Snap Store, Launchpad, Landscape, and other large scale web applications supporting Ubuntu. Our services are built primarily in Python, within a bit of Golang. If you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you'll fit right in.
What youll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features, fix bugs, and scale our services
- Demonstrate your strong commitment to code quality and automated testing
- Participate in the engineering process with code and architectural reviews
- Take personal ownership of problems and design and deliver solutions
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have proficiency developing public-facing APIs and web applications, preferably using Python and/or Golang.
- Experience with databases, and ORMs (PostgreSQL a plus)
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s
Engooden Health is looking for a Senior IT engineer, who is looking to grow, learn and pivot in a fast-growing startup environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a technology team focused on providing the tools and services supporting our rapidly growing team. As a grow
Engooden Health is adding a Python Software Engineer to its engineering team in order to support the tremendous growth we have projected for 2022 and beyond. This is a remote position working with a small agile team of engineers located across the US and the Americas. Responsibil
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Sr Data Scientist - Custom Text Search.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovat
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer/BI Developer to work 100% remotely for a global AdTech company.The team is dealing with hundreds of millions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through workflows, huge distribut
More jobs by this company
To scale our global software engineering organisation, we have opened six VP Engineering positions.Canonical is a worldwide provider of open source operating systems, applications, security, support, services and solutions. We are the publisher of Ubuntu. Our mission is to be the
This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Project Management to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for software, great communication skills, and a pas