We are looking for a full stack software engineer to guide the implementation for the Empire platform. In this role, you will be responsible for development and implementation of new software systems. You may also be required to update existing software and conduct feasibility studies on company systems. You will be expected to code applications, create reports, and possibly mentor your colleagues. This is an entry level position.
You will own components of the Empire core platform which consists of a Django backend and several GraphQL services. You will code, review, test, and implement the components end to end.
Given the startup nature of the current engineering team and the growth potential, you will be well positioned to grow with the company. This role has tremendous visibility with the leadership team and you will see plenty of opportunities for mentoring teammates. This role provides the ideal and creative ability to be a hands-on developer as well as be a leader. Empire is a great place to grow your career.
- Evaluate, identify, develop and implement various software solutions to meet Empire’s product goals
- Identify API contracts between components and implement them
- Collaborate with product and business teams on requirements to plan and execute new features
- Test the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Relevant coursework experience with Python, Django, Postgres
- Excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between product and engineering
- Curiosity about digital publishing and the technology used in the industry
- Ability to build products that scale, experience working on large-scale software projects
- Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Experience in GraphQL, NextJS, React
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Remote - work from anywhere!
- Offices in Miami, San Francisco, New York, San Diego
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?→ Do you look for good technical challenges, in an inclusive and respectful environment?→ Are you looking for an opportunity in a company reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?→ Do you have ex
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a new Senior Full-Stack Product Engineer to join our Lawy
ETFLogic is a technology company providing workflow automation to wealth management. Our clients are ETF Issuers, Asset Managers and Financial Advisors and we help them make more informed investment decisions with Exchange Traded Funds. ETFs hold in excess of $8 trillion in asset
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Sr Data Scientist - Custom Text Search.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovat
More jobs by this company
The Opportunity:Recurrent Ventures is seeking a Manager of Business Intelligence to own reporting, dashboards and business intelligence across all Recurrent functions (revenue, audience/traffic, finance, HR).This person will ensure Recurrent functional leads have all the basic re