- Provide cross-functional data science leadership at the intersection of analytics, data engineering, machine learning, product, design, software development, and performance/coaching teams.
- Support and conduct user research to enrich new products at EXOS
- Play a large role in designing, implementing, and evaluating hypothesis-driven A/B tests and experimentation.
- Hands-on work with preparing raw data for machine learning and other advanced analytics.
- Hands-on collection, transformation, and labeling/tagging of both structured and unstructured data.
- Comfortably scripting a POC with minimal/thoughtful technical debt, then pivoting to script production-level code.
- Familiarity with open-source and cloud-managed services common in data science, data engineering, and machine learning, particularly within AWS.
- Familiar with best practices in CI/CD.
- Set quarterly OKRs to monitor the results of your data science initiatives, and communicate those results out to stakeholders and leadership.
- Work through ambiguity, with an ability to work to tight deadlines, and lead multiple complex initiatives.
- Document and communicate processes and things learned to facilitate knowledge sharing across the team.
- Participation in stand-ups and code reviews.
- This role will report to the Head of Machine Learning & Data
- Experienced working with consumer-facing mobile and/or web apps
- An established history with advanced data science and/or machine learning modeling, and a proven track record of building data-driven products in the consumer space
- Know how to work with high volumes of heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems on the AWS platform.
- Superior understanding of database query languages and substantial knowledge in analytical approaches.
- Expertise with data mining and visualization techniques, ability to apply context to data, and strong ability to communicate the data (verbal and written).
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Understand the value of partnership within and across teams.
- Care a lot about fostering a diverse culture that includes everyone and supports them being their authentic self. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers.
- Strong agile team management skills using Kanban or Scrum
- An established process for research, discovery, experimentation, and validation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field (data science, computer science, software engineering, etc.), with 3+ years’ data science experience.
- Experience with data processing software and/or algorithms.
- Experience in writing software in one or more languages: Python, Scala, and/or Java
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience managing projects, troubleshooting technical issues, working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in working with/on data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining and/or machine learning.
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale data solutions in virtualized environments.
- Experience establishing, managing to, and working towards OKRs.
- Reflective, independent and eager learner (e.g., learns from mistakes, asks good questions, able to generate creative solutions to problems with minimal guidance).
- Detail-oriented with an ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation and ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in health, fitness, wellness, etc.
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at:
- EEO is the Law
- EEO is the Law Supplement
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Valukoda is helping one of our clients, a leading data driven marketing firm, hire a remote database engineer. The ideal candidate will become part of a team that builds, tunes, and targets highly persuasive experiences—online, in-store, and beyond.The database engineer per
Center Information: The Quantitative Biomedical Research Center (QBRC) is a well-established research center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). It aims to foster collaborations involving quantitative methods and technologies in any aspect of biomedical research, particular
Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.We are looking for a Server-Side Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of asynchronous video communication and scale out our API services as we continue
We are seeking a Software Engineer on our Platform team to architect, build, and maintain back-end services on AWS. This position is especially suited for senior developers with DevOps/ops/system administration (in database, systems, network, or cloud) experience. It is an excell
Our team of scientists and engineers at UES is seeking a creative Software Engineer with expertise in cloud development and a passion for enabling new capabilities to accelerate technology innovation through cloud capabilities. The ideal candidate will have hands-on cloud develop
More jobs by this company
EXOS is seeking a Senior Fullstack Engineer with fluency in Typescript, React and Node to build new applications across multiple platforms (browser, mobile, wearables). You will join a strong and passionate team of US and international developers. If you like being part of a high