Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialists—parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more—with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers. Cleo is offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, The Learning Care Group, and Pinterest. With $81M raised from top investors including NEA, Greylock, and Transformation Capital, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector. Now we're looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us.
Title: Data Engineer
This role reports into the Engineering Manager.
- Build, maintain, and scale our ETL/data pipelines, warehouse analytics infrastructure, and work hands-on, helping building workflows/tools and best practices where applicable
- Design and build pipelines that collect, preprocess, and deliver data to be used for business intelligence and data discovery
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques, and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Work closely with the data analysts to help build and identify the insights that will guide day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making
- Write production-ready software with fast and efficient algorithms
- Collaborate with Product, Business, and Data Analyst/Science team members to prioritize and develop pragmatic solutions to high impact problems
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Hands-on experience with building out full end to end data architecture including ETL/data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse in AWS
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Advanced working PostgresSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with production deployed machine learning solutions is a plus
- Experience with NLP solutions is a plus
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s
Data Collection Research/Software EngineerGitHub is seeking a research/software engineer with programming languages and/or software engineering expertise to join the Copilot team as part of GitHub Next. GitHub Next aims to be a meeting place within GitHub for experimentation with
Senior Analytic Engineers combine the roles of architect, developer and analyst to design and build big data solutions. Their skillset must span software development, business analysis, and complex system design. They are expected to have regular and efficient communication with.
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Sr Data Scientist - Custom Text Search.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovat
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer/BI Developer to work 100% remotely for a global AdTech company.The team is dealing with hundreds of millions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through workflows, huge distribut
More jobs by this company
About Cleo:At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialis