Passionate about building and delivering great products with purpose? Want a "change the world" vibe that is gaining momentum? Unizin is a university-funded technology startup with a mission to improve student success through digital teaching and learning. We are committed to advancing the state of the art in data and learning analytics, instructional content, and standards.
Unizin is looking for a Senior Python developer to join our all-remote team to develop high scale applications used by over a million faculty and students in higher education.
All candidates are encouraged to apply. Unizin embraces diversity and relies on its employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.
What you’ll do
- Use Python, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, GNU/Linux, and Google Cloud Platform services (PubSub, Big Query, etc)
- Design and develop scalable services, and systems of services, across Unizin’s product portfolio
- Proactively facilitate open communication, collective decision-making, thorough reviews, and other engineering practices that create effective deployment of performant, scalable systems
- Collaborate with other teams including product, UX, services, support, and University technology staff as needed
What we need from you
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- A love of coding and building systems, especially with Python
- A strong belief that a holistic engineering mindset (testing, code review, devops, CICD) is essential to building great systems
- An ability to balance competing short-term priorities with long-term goals
- A desire to collaborate, mentor, guide, and be guided by your peers
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
- Mission of high social value
- 403b with matching
- Open PTO
- Flexible hours
Unizin is a consortium of public research universities working together to accelerate and scale the digital transformation of their academic mission. We build products and services that make education more equitable and accessible for over a million students nationwide by collaborating to advance the use of digital content, data, and analytics in the context of learning.
Unizin is also a US-based, remote-only team of product, engineering, services, and supporting staff. We are fully funded by the investments of our membership for a sustainable mission to enable the next generation digital learning environments and ecosystem. We are a startup inside a collaborative of substantial scale and resources. Visit us at www.unizin.org.
Unizin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Unizin is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or gender identity. Accommodations will be provided to any candidate with special needs requesting such
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s
Fullscript helps people get better. It's at the core of everything we do. As the leading platform for prescribing integrative health products, our work positively impacts millions of lives everyday. Our purpose extends well beyond our platform. As a health company, we are committ
Position: Senior or Lead DevOps EngineerSalary: $140K - $180K (dependent on work location & level of experience)HQ: Mountain View, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S.Perks: Attractive Equity + Flexible PTO + Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits + 401(
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Sr Data Scientist - Custom Text Search.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovat
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer/BI Developer to work 100% remotely for a global AdTech company.The team is dealing with hundreds of millions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through workflows, huge distribut