The Sr. System Administrator will be responsible for the support and maintenance of our production infrastructure, both on-prem and cloud based, globally. In addition to standard operations responsibilities related to production Windows and Linux environments, this position will have additional focus on security compliance, auditing, and remediation where appropriate. This position’s responsibilities include management of environments utilizing both CMS systems and CI/CD based approaches. The ideal candidate for this position will have significant experience in both Windows, Linux and the tools related to managing large deployments supported by either OS.
- Provide production support for public, internal, and hybrid cloud infrastructures (AWS, oVirt, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot 2000+ Windows/Linux systems in a multi-platform environment
- Develop and improve upon life-cycle management, patch remediation to support security and audit compliance.
- Support email and DNS applications and systems: Postfix, Sendmail, PowerMTA, BIND, PowerDNS, djbdns.
- Lead and participate on project teams on tasks and activities within the supported environments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain scripting tools and applications in shell scripting, Python, PowerShell, or other standard scripting languages.
- Design and implement solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, with goals of increasing the security, reliability, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks
- Support and maintenance of infrastructure to include on-prem, colo, and cloud deployments.
- Plan and execute on-prem service migrations to AWS.
- Work closely with distributed development and QA resources in several countries to achieve low-friction efficient CI/CD pipelines.
- Evaluate and define config management strategies and process utilizing Puppet/Ansible/Terraform/Octopus/etc
- Support and Automate Linux, Windows and Database administration activities and monitoring
- Identify KPIs and implement scaling and resilience strategies in support of SLA expectations
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations with regard to AWS deployments and opportunities for efficiency and cost reduction initiatives
- Maintain and enforce compliance with audit controls and external certifications.
- Prepare project documentation, status reporting, policies, procedures and reports assigned by management
- Some after-hours and weekend work is required of this position.
- Participation in on-call rotation is required of this position.
- 6+ years hands-on UNIX/Linux system administration experience in a distributed enterprise environment
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Windows and AD administration in an enterprise environment.
- 2+ years experience designing and implementing infrastructure as code within AWS ecosphere
- Expert level proficiency in at least two scripting/programming languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Go, Ruby, PowerShell, etc
- Extensive experience with configuring, executing and analyzing security vulnerability scans. (Nessus, OpenVAS, Rapid7, etc)
- Mastery in config automation tool sets such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Experience with APM tool sets such as OpenAPM, NewRelic, etc
- Proficient with Jira, Confluence, and git toolset
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
- Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
Nice to have
- Experience with PCI, HiTrust, FedRamp/GovCloud and/or similar certification methodologies
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Center Information: The Quantitative Biomedical Research Center (QBRC) is a well-established research center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). It aims to foster collaborations involving quantitative methods and technologies in any aspect of biomedical research, particular
Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.We are looking for a Server-Side Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of asynchronous video communication and scale out our API services as we continue
We are seeking a Software Engineer on our Platform team to architect, build, and maintain back-end services on AWS. This position is especially suited for senior developers with DevOps/ops/system administration (in database, systems, network, or cloud) experience. It is an excell
Our team of scientists and engineers at UES is seeking a creative Software Engineer with expertise in cloud development and a passion for enabling new capabilities to accelerate technology innovation through cloud capabilities. The ideal candidate will have hands-on cloud develop
Job Summary:Play the role of a planner, project manager and enabler for the Solutions Team to ensure wedeliver beyond the customer service industry standards. You will work directly with theleadership group and also facilitate and lead project initiatives to improve process, tool
More jobs by this company
Job SummaryZiff Davis' Communication brands (Line2, eVoice and eReceptionist) arm small businesses with VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) with digital communication tools and are embarking on an ambitious growth plan. We are looking for exceptional new team members to help driv
The Lead Software Developer (Java) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting the API Gateway and surrounding tooling that power our best-in-breed solutions for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document excha
We are looking for a results-oriented individual who will be responsible for ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of the Consensus business' data assets.The Application Security Engineer will be an innovative, self-driven, team player. The Application Securit
Account ManagerSince 2003, small and medium sized businesses worldwide have achieved significant results by turning to iContact’s best-in-class email marketing solutions and knowledgeable team members. With scalable tools to serve the needs of high-volume senders, professio
The DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard tool sets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-value.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines utilizing new technologies, industry standard toolsets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-
The Sr. Technical Project Manager (TPM) plans, coordinates, and facilitates projects for multiple teams from start to delivery, specially focused App dev and Infrastructure. The TPM works with Product Managers and subject matter experts to understand business requirements, transl
About the jobWe are looking for a highly capable Windows software developer who desires to learn and develop for the Android platform. You will be responsible for building features that deliver meaningful and accurate results with a cutting-edge user experience. In addition, you.
The Lead VoIP Engineer will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performance systems in our best-in-breed enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will manage the coding practices of the team, perform code r
The Senior Software Developer (Java/Node) will join a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers.DutiesDesigning and developing ne
Consensus is looking for an ambitious, creative, and versatile Senior Front-End Engineer who has experience with designing, developing, and maintaining web applications. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented and self-sufficient contributor who will craft and develop Front-End an
The Moz Group is looking hire a contract Recruiter to support our recruiting team. You will be responsible for managing a pipeline of technical and non-technical roles and support teams across multiple products and locations.This is a 12 month contract.We are an office optional c
The Lead Software Developer (Python) will lead a team of software developers delivering high-volume, flexible, and performant systems supporting a best-in-breed telecommunications solution for enterprise and mission-critical fax and document exchange customers. The Lead will mana
AFFILIATE MANAGERJoin an energetic team in one of the hottest growing sectors in software—cybersecurity. VIPRE Security Group, a part of Ziff Davis (NASDAQ : ZD), is a global, highly rated, award-winning security, privacy and data protection company protecting millions of c