Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. "Visual Evolution" is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Senior Houdini Pipeline Developer who will be responsible for assisting in the overall efficiency of the facility-wide production pipeline. They will support the management and development of tools that help digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These tools are intended to make visual effects production as efficient and productive as possible.
The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and take direction from CTO, Pipeline Managers, and Senior TDs as well as artists to create, support & maintain tools to be integrated into Zoic’s existing pipeline.
- Utilize Python and PySide for tool creation and support
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Update and maintain tools, techniques and work flows as required
Qualifications, Skills & Software Required:
- 5+ years of work experience as a Pipeline Developer or in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with user interface development
- Past pipeline development experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Some experience with Qt. Other UI framework experience a plus
- Knowledge of Python scripting in Houdini, Nuke, and Maya
- C/C++, C#, web development, SQL experience a plus
- Past experience with Shotgun, RV, Cinema4D a plus
- Linux experience a plus. Bash, file IO, process lifecycle
- Able to communicate clearly with the various Zoic departments and locations
- Candidates Located in Los Angeles and surrounding area preferred
- This is a remote (work from home) position
- Zoic does not cover relocation assistance
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participate in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Open Source is in our genes. Open means more than shared source code to us. It’s a philosophy and approach ingrained in everything we do. It’s how we develop software, how we work with partners and customers, and how we engage with communities. Most of all, it’s
Our 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Sr Data Scientist - Custom Text Search.What we're working onEnterprise companies turn to us to help them launch innovat
Summary:We’re hiring an experienced Data Engineer/BI Developer to work 100% remotely for a global AdTech company.The team is dealing with hundreds of millions of data points every day, generated from over two thousand data processes running through workflows, huge distribut
Valukoda is helping one of our clients, a leading data driven marketing firm, hire a remote database engineer. The ideal candidate will become part of a team that builds, tunes, and targets highly persuasive experiences—online, in-store, and beyond.The database engineer per
Relative Dynamics Inc. is looking for a FPGA Engineer, who will work on the Advanced Development Group in our Greenbelt, MD HQ office. This position requires a background in digital signal processing (DSP) and communication theory. This engineer is responsible for the architectur
More jobs by this company
About us:Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies. Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for sister company Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company wi
Pipeline TDZoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Va