In this position, you will:
- Help design and build the next generation of asynchronous video chat.
- Collaborate with teammates to build APIs that solve business problems and delight your users.
- Understand in detail how your code affects scalability and network performance.
- Be responsive to live site issues and participate in maintaining a high availability service.
- Triage production performance issues on server infrastructure, maintaining high uptime.
- Sift through logs and root cause problems on client and server.
- Produce solid code, and raise the bar for the whole team on quality and speed.
- Work with a variety of languages, with a special focus on Python.
Ideally, you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, especially using Python in a professional setting.
- A strong foundation in computer science, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- The ability to communicate with empathy, and remain calm and even-keeled, especially in a storm.
- Have effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- The desire to work in a joyful work environment where you and your teammates look forward to coming to work.
- Humbleness and intellectual curiosity.
You’ll love working here because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We have been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too!
- We move quickly so you’re constantly learning and things never get stale.
- We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels safe to take risks and think outside of the box.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental), finances, and your family (paid family leave).
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Marco Polo. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, go ahead and apply! Each application is reviewed by a real, live human who understands that each candidate’s unique lived experience is more valuable than buzzwords on a resume.
Marco Polo is private video chat for your real relationships - not the entire world. Our video chat app allows you to send a video message at your convenience, and your friend or family member can send back whenever they can. With millions of people already benefiting from this new way of using technology to nurture their relationships, we’re proving that we can reject harmful but profitable business practices and build products that are good for you.
In June 2020, we launched Marco Polo Plus, a subscription plan that offers a premium experience. We aim to be a sustainable business while remaining free in a way that upholds our brand promise to be good for you. Plus delivers on our promise to monetize without ads or selling user data.
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 16 states (so far), coast-to-coast throughout North America.
The distance doesn't slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops—connecting with daily Zoom calls, and retreats. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course Marco Polo, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Who we areWe are a cutting-edge technology and advisory firm disrupting the strategic consulting space through our innovative, data science products and services. Our team is a highly-trained group of software developers as well as several PhD quants and seasoned SMEs in financia
The newly established National Cellular Cancer Biology Imaging Research Center at the University if Texas Southwestern Medical Center is actively seeking Python programmers that are excited to work at the interface of Cancer Biology, Advanced Microscopy, and Robotics, developing.
POSITION TITLE: Member Experience Data AnalystData Analyst Purpose: To provide data analysis services to the Samaritan Ministries International Business Intelligence department to help continuously improve the experience we provide our members.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Integration Engineer IIDirect Hire, 100% Remote70-80K / yearREQUIREMENTS:Two or more years of API development and Python experience are requiredPREFERRED:Two (2) or more years of software development experience, IBM B2Bi preferred.Two (2) or more years of database development exp
You are an expert in DevSecOps and are interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellite operations. You will be part of our product team managing production deployments and machine learning infrastructure while also maintaining security on these systems. Yo