SCS Global Services (SCS) is a global leader in third-party certification, auditing, testing services, and standards. Established as an independent third-party certification firm in 1984, our goal is to recognize the highest levels of performance in environmental protection and social responsibility in the private and public sectors, and to stimulate continuous improvement in sustainable development. SCS holds itself to the highest standards in the industry and has been accredited by numerous accreditation bodies covering over 50 different certification systems, including food and agriculture, forestry, greenhouse gas, indoor air quality, sustainable furniture and biofuels.
SCS seeks a Research and Development Associate to help support its Research and Development team to complete research tasks supporting the entire company. The role involves completing research identifying new business opportunities, finding ways to reduce operational costs, improve service, evaluate feasibility of new technologies, and more as applied to SCS’s core business of sustainability certification and consulting. You will be working closely with the R&D team and other SCS personnel from different program areas across the company. You must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, have strong research skills, strong communication skills, and a desire to learn new things and tackle new challenges.
- Multiple and varied, the R&D associate works on projects which touch on many of SCS’s core businesses, as well as exploring new business opportunities in entirely new areas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the R&D team with specific research tasks
- Become informed in the market space of environmental claims and sustainability, in order to effectively conduct this research
- Become a subject matter expert in the science underpinning some of SCS’s key new business areas
- Read original research papers and summarize key business-relevant insights to R&D team and other SCS personnel
- Communicate via writing, presentation, and in meetings complex new science relevant to SCS’s business
- Effectively summarize complex science and research into formats which can be readily communicated to lay persons
- Help the R&D team connect research with SCS’s business
- Continuously monitor journals, publications, trade magazines, news outlets, blogs, and other resources, to identify new research relevant to SCS’s business
- Become familiar with key standards relevant to SCS’s business
- Support in the development of new standards relevant to SCS’s business
- Coordinate research tasks involving SCS personnel and eternal stakeholders
- Supporting R&D team and operational staff to complete research projects for SCS clients
- As part of the research process, interview and/or survey internal and external stakeholders
- Develop analytical models to help support certain SCS research programs
- Financial modeling, to evaluate the business potential of different technology deployments
- Coursework including mathematics, hard sciences, and/or engineering
- The ability and desire to work effectively with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally
- Fluent in English
- Personally interested in working with a growing team
- Portfolio demonstrating effective communication of complex scientific topics a plus
- Knowledge of Python programming language a plus
- 1-2 years work experience in a business setting is a plus
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered, unless precluded by local and national jurisdiction. Pursuant to local and national law-proof of vaccination required. Medical and religious accommodations will also be considered.
Education and Experience
- M.S./Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, earth sciences, and/or engineering
- Remote in the USA
- This is an office based job. Sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen in person and on the phone.
- This is an office based job majority of time.
- SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home. We provide our new employees with a computer and can offer assistance in acquiring ergonomic necessities.
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
This Engineering leadership role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for techn
Responsibilities: Help define requirements (e.g., tools, training, data collection protocols, etc.) for multiple projects at a given time.Build a thorough understanding of annotation/transcription conventions and guide on applying these in annotation and transcription tasks.Annot
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation,.
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to ta
Charlotte, NC / Newark, DEData is currently being built on a data lake on a Cloudera cluster.We are looking for a Python Developer to join our data engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.Python Developer responsibilities include writing and te
More jobs by this company
SCS Global Services (SCS) is a global leader in third-party certification, auditing, testing services, and standards. Established as an independent third-party certification firm in 1984, our goal is to recognize the highest levels of performance in environmental protection and s