Senior Data Engineer
Vibes - A Unified Mobile Messaging Platform Built for Enterprise!
It's been quite a year here at Vibes with record growth in all aspects of our business. Our product & engineering organization is growing to help scale and build the technology that delivers billions of messages every month to people around the world.
We're looking for engineers with #Java, #Python, and #Ruby experience who like to dig in and solve hard problems. We leverage some of the industry's most exciting tech, running on #AWS, #Snowflake, #Kafka, and more.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. Our current initiatives are heavily focused on improving user experience and evolving our cloud-based applications and systems.
You are a technology expert with 5 or more years of deep experience, passionate about building highly scalable data solutions, coaching and mentoring others, and excited about having a significant impact within the Technology organization by providing technical leadership for our data and analytics team. You’ve architected data pipelines to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, advocate for automated pipelines, and are seeking an opportunity to work on cloud-based ETL pipelines with a passionate team.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Data & Analytics.
- Natural people leader, excited to coach and mentor others, significantly impacting their career growth in a positive manner
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional interactions
- Evangelizes internally and externally to help elevate the data pipelines and warehouse, establishing oneself as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Builds awareness, increases knowledge, and drives adoption of modern technologies and architecture patterns, sharing customer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Deep understanding of ETL processes and cloud-based infrastructures
- Thought leader for leveraging data in intelligent ways to enhance the customer experience
- Data pipeline experience in setting up systems that enable data scientists to quickly build, test, and optimize models
- Data modeling experiences for analytic ecosystems
- Expertise in programming languages, preferably Python
- Experience in building reusable frameworks for data ingestion and streaming analytic solutions using technologies such as Kinesis, Kafka or Apache Spark
- Developing data pipelines using Airflow or similar technologies
- Designing and developing data storage systems using Snowflake
- Knowledge of multiple ETL technologies, including traditional RDBMS and structure-less solutions
- Knowledge of standard source code control systems: Git, subversion, etc.
- AWS Cloud-based architectures
- Creating an environment for Data Scientists to build models
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
This Engineering leadership role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for techn
Responsibilities: Help define requirements (e.g., tools, training, data collection protocols, etc.) for multiple projects at a given time.Build a thorough understanding of annotation/transcription conventions and guide on applying these in annotation and transcription tasks.Annot
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation,.
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to ta
Charlotte, NC / Newark, DEData is currently being built on a data lake on a Cloudera cluster.We are looking for a Python Developer to join our data engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.Python Developer responsibilities include writing and te
More jobs by this company
Vibes - A Unified Mobile Messaging Platform Built for Enterprise!It's been quite a year here at Vibes with record growth in all aspects of our business. Our product & engineering organization is growing to help scale and build the technology that delivers billions of messages