- Provide linguistic expertise in the areas of syntax, semantics, pragmatics, dialog, ontology, and NLP.
- Build datasets, pipelines, and models for ML applications.
- Clearly communicate expertise with project stakeholders.
- Identify best practices and improve procedures across NLP systems.
- Identify linguistic needs and gaps within project ontologies and NLP systems.
- Anticipate language-based problems before they occur.
- Drive projects from conceptualization through launch and beyond with continual improvement and support.
- Design and conduct language experiments.
- Degree in Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computational Linguistics, Speech Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of work experience as data scientist, software engineer, computational linguist or in similar role.
- Experience in various areas of linguistics, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, computational linguistics, and field work.
- Demonstrated leadership within smaller projects or teams.
- Experience designing and conducting language data experiments.
- Experience with hierarchical structures and ontologies.
- Experience with text labeling problems.
- Experience prioritizing multiple work streams and conduct day-to-day tasks without oversight.
- Track record working on or leading cross-functional efforts, initiatives, or projects.
- Experience forming internal team relationships and foster external relations.
- Advanced degree in Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computational Linguistics, Speech Science, or related field.
- Experience with larger scripting projects that involve combining language data from different sources, computing complex metrics over large datasets, etc.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between data and machine learning models in order to increase linguists’ impact on ML projects.
- Familiarity with core data processing techniques and tooling (including version control, unit tests, and other programming best practices).
- Fluency in two or more natural languages.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
This Engineering leadership role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for techn
Responsibilities: Help define requirements (e.g., tools, training, data collection protocols, etc.) for multiple projects at a given time.Build a thorough understanding of annotation/transcription conventions and guide on applying these in annotation and transcription tasks.Annot
Position: Machine Learning Data Engineer (Curation)Pay rate: $145k/Yearly (Full-time)Shift: RemoteLocation: Anywhere in the USJob Description:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Engineering, Computational Linguistics, Artific
#Description#Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about you
More jobs by this company
Oculus Game Studios and Sanzaru Games have an immediate Rendering Engineer position working on virtual reality, next-generation console, and PC games. Only developers who want to craft immersive experiences, bring artists’ visions to life, and push the technical boundaries
Facebook is seeking to fill the role of Financial Systems Manager in the Facebook Reality Labs Controllership organization to support Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) business. Our FRL business includes hardware (Oculus and Portal products) and software products. The team’s focu
Big Box VR, makers of POPULATION: ONE, is seeking a Senior Server Software Engineer who can help build the next generation of games for Virtual Reality. You have multiple years of experience running web services in production and have working knowledge of server-based multi-user.
Opportunity to gain unique experience in Commerce data. Commerce Engineering (CE) builds the digital commerce experience and designs retail ecosystems for FRL hardware products. CE creates competitive advantages across consumer store, sales, supply chain, customer care, and secur
Sourcing is a core strategic driver of Facebook’s success. As a member of our team, the Sourcer works closely with our Recruiters and hiring managers to develop strategies to find untapped candidates. We conceive practical and creative ways to surface leading talent, and we
Facebook is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying and supporting one of the world’s largest, most complex, and robust networks. Automation is the key to meeting our demands; you w
As a Technical Program Manager for Facebook’s Central Accessibility, you will lead efforts to extend Facebook’s value to people with disabilities. You will set up and execute programs aimed at making our products more inclusive to people with disabilities by empowerin
At Facebook Reality Labs Research, software development turbocharges our scientific explorations and generates viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come. If you're a C++ & low-level system expert with a passion for the future of machine percept
Facebook is seeking an Engineering Manager to manage and grow a team specializing in Privacy Incident Investigation. This critical team helps protect the security and privacy of nearly 3 billion people. As its leader, you will play a strategic role in advancing Facebook's mission
Global Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues and are stron
Facebook’s products give people new ways to look after themselves and those they care about. The Health Technologies team supports this mission to discover, develop, and deliver clinically validated health and wellness tools that have the opportunity to improve public healt
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most