Silvaco, Inc. is a global company with a leading position among providers of TCAD, EDA and IP solutions. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth driven by AI, IoT, display and big data, and is looking for key talent to join this rapidly expanding company. Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for an application engineer to join our team in Shanghai, China Office. The application engineer will team up with the sales team to technically qualify evaluations, execute customer benchmarks and visit customers. We expect this person to engage for new sales and maintain existing customer installations, understand and report the needs for new features.
This position requires a significant level of communication with other application engineers, sales personnel, product engineers in other offices and customers. Some travel is involved and participation to a small number of trade shows. We are looking for a curious, open-minded spirit.
- As a member of the TCAD group, you will support our customers, giving them state of the art recommendation and support, allowing them to get in a timely manner very accurate simulation results.
- In addition to supporting Silvaco customers, application engineers also participate in testing, calibrating, documenting and supporting the use of existing and newly developed process and device simulation tools.
- Applications engineers also assist in product planning by identifying new technology trends and techniques for simulation and modeling new technology.
- A successful candidate should be an expert in process simulation, and device simulation with some knowledge on parasitic extraction and be able to quickly become an expert in the usage of Silvaco 2D and 3D TCAD simulation tools.
- This is a hands-on engineering position, requiring strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates superior oral, written, and strategic abilities.
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Strong Organization and time management skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks - certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- Must be able work alongside dynamic individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding reports accountable for forecasts and other business objectives.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a figuring it out as we go environment.
- Enough courage to say I dont know.
- M.S or Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field with 5+ years experience in semiconductor Industry
- Semiconductor technology development experience
- Semiconductor device physics with a depth and/or breadth of application experience
- Experience with Silvaco TCAD or 3rD party TCAD tools required (TCAD Process and/or TCAD Device Simulation)
- Self-starter, good communication and collaboration.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Good presentation skills, communication skills and technical writing skills desired
- Desire to expand skillset, work independently and take on projects efficiently
- Experience with C/C++/Matlab programming as part of modeling semiconductor device physics a plus
- 25% travel and a willingness to work a flexible schedule required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including operations such as v-lookup, functions, pivot tables, etc.)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
This Engineering leadership role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for techn
Responsibilities: Help define requirements (e.g., tools, training, data collection protocols, etc.) for multiple projects at a given time.Build a thorough understanding of annotation/transcription conventions and guide on applying these in annotation and transcription tasks.Annot
Position: Machine Learning Data Engineer (Curation)Pay rate: $145k/Yearly (Full-time)Shift: RemoteLocation: Anywhere in the USJob Description:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Engineering, Computational Linguistics, Artific
#Description#Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about you