- Build pragmatic, scalable, and rigorous scientific solutions to drive enterprise productivity by leveraging or developing state of the art machine learning and optimization methodologies on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure
- Apply excellent communication skills in order to develop cross-functional partnerships and spread scientific best practices
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the company, including scientists, engineers, designers, data engineers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks and build scalable tools that deliver step-level gains to the enterprise
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities that will grow the enterprise’s long-term roadmap and bring productivity gains for the enterprise
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, operations research, electrical engineering, statistics, math, quantitative finance, physics, and related fields, or MS degree with 4+ years of experience developing and supporting models in production
- 2+ years experience in building models and developing algorithms for machine learning, statistics, mathematical programming, and simulation
- 2+ years experience in modeling and analyzing up to petabytes of data using R or Python
- Experience to initiating and driving applied research projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating applied research work to technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in lower level languages such as C++, Java
- Experience in scalable dataset assembly/data wrangling, such as Presto, Hive or Spark
- Familiarity with enterprise-wide application development life-cycle
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for a Power BI Developer for a client in the mortgage services industry. This is a 100% remote position.Responsibilities for the Power BI Developer:Responsible for the creation of visually appealing and engaging dashboards, providing releva
Location: 100% RemoteSecurity Clearance: US Citizenship & Ability to Obtain Secret ClearanceOmni Federal is a small business focused on modern application development, cloud and data analytics for the Federal government. Our past performance is a mix of commercial and federal
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob DetailsWhat you’ll be doing…Hyper Experiences brings the power of the Hyper Datab
London / remote, EnglandThe soft-dev team at King's College London has an open position for a Research Assistant or a Research Associate.This position requires a mix of research and engineering to understand how to migrate programs between different versions of a language, using.
SENIOR DATA ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE$135,000-150,000 SALARY + BONUSThis is a new and exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join a leader in their industry. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology as well as grow and develop.
More jobs by this company
Here at Meta, the Developer Advocacy team supports the relationship between Meta technologies software developers worldwide. Our Developer Advocates promote standards and good development practices by actively engaging with developer communities, raising awareness of the company'
We are seeking audio professionals for both Facebook and Facebook Reality Labs. Our teams are defining the audio experience for hundreds of millions of users across the Facebook family of apps including Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, Portal, Oculus and more. We cover all areas o
Facebook designs, builds and operates one of the largest globally-distributed CDNs in the world. As an Optimization Engineer for Facebook's Edge Network, you will have a unique opportunity to use your broad engineering skills to partner with product engineering teams to improve u
Meta is seeking an experienced construction and/or manufacturing manager to join our Innovator Team. The Innovator organization is a new team that seeks to bring builder and manufacturing knowledge to the early phases of our Data Center designs while seeking to embed the strategi