Position Title: PCRF Engineer
Location: REMOTE – USA Only
Status: Must be authorized to live and work in the USA
Accept: US Citizen, Green Card, H1, H4, OPT, Other EAD
May Consider: Corp to Corp
Reports To: Project Manager
Working Hours: M – F, 8 – 5; May be required to work extended hours, shifts, weekends
Start Date: 6/15/2021
Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) Engineers may work REMOTELY, in the Cisco technical facilities, or on site with Cisco customers. Responsibilities include providing support for the Cisco PCRF solution. The PCRF Engineer may resolve escalated trouble reports, interface with Cisco employees and vendors and create MOP documents.
Hiring Manager Special Interest:
- Engineer must have expertise deploying Cisco policy solution across 4G and 5G Evolved Packet Core.
- Engineer will need to deploy the PCRF and PCF in customer core network and must be skilled in element and end-to-end test methodology
- Must be able to sit side-by-side with the customer and complete validation testing
- Provide end-to-end technical support services on Cisco PCRF solution, software, PCRF Application Server
- Support the Cisco PCRF customer, user and permission management
- Troubleshoot issues on Cisco PCRF software and AAA platform/applications and resolve those issues promptly
- Perform Log collection as part of the troubleshooting activities
- Participate in Cisco PCRF software upgrades and be responsible for whole or portion of the upgrade task
- Quickly respond to customer issues
- Proactively monitor and detect issues on Cisco PCRF to maintain high availability and communicate updates to key stakeholders
- Participate in emergency support activities as needed
- Manage 3rd party software and hardware vendor support during course of the Administration support if needed
- Implement proactive measures to address customer concerns as appropriate
- Participate in customer and internal meetings.
- Maintain systems to proper hardware and firmware levels as applicable.
- Exercise strong analytical skills to debug, troubleshoot and isolate complex problems
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work will be performed REMOTE
- Extensive and intricate work with a computer to resolve complex network issues
- Extensive use of computerized software tools and programs
Required Education/Experience and Competencies:
- Higher education in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Ability to analyze technical problems around Cisco PCRF product installation, configuration, integration, and test PCRF issues
- Understanding of IP networking concepts and basic protocols (e.g. SNMP, DIAMETER, RADIUS)
- Knowledge of Cisco PCRF and AAA architecture
- Knowledge of Cisco Policy Suite PCRF, Cisco UCS preferred.
- CCNA or CCNP or CCIE in DC preferred
- Scripting languages (Perl, Bash & Python)
- Advanced Unix / Linux Skills (Sysad desired, shell scripting, bash and other common scripting language).
- Protocols: DIAMETER, RADIUS, TCP, UDP
- Experience with LTE network architecture, components and call flows.
- Virtualization (OpenStack, KVM, VMware)
- Analytical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to participate in Customer meetings without additional assistance
- Ability to work independently, requires minimum guidance and supervision
EEO Statement: Glow Networks provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information and other characteristics that are protected by applicable law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
This Engineering leadership role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for techn
Responsibilities: Help define requirements (e.g., tools, training, data collection protocols, etc.) for multiple projects at a given time.Build a thorough understanding of annotation/transcription conventions and guide on applying these in annotation and transcription tasks.Annot
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation,.
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to ta
Charlotte, NC / Newark, DEData is currently being built on a data lake on a Cloudera cluster.We are looking for a Python Developer to join our data engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.Python Developer responsibilities include writing and te