Join our world-renowned research team and be an active part of the consumer technology industry as it undergoes a once-in-a-generation transformation!
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success. IDC was recognized by the Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2020 Analyst Firm of the Year for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future!Responsibilities:
- Assist in writing, fielding, and analyzing consumer surveys that cover a wide range of topic areas, including hardware, software, and services
- Contribute to driving IDC's broader Future of Consumer research agenda by contributing to key research processes across multiple research categories and including near and long-term consumer trends
- Collaborate closely with IDC analysts in the U.S. and around the world to deliver groundbreaking research that market leaders use to guide their businesses
- Handle primary market research data, shipment/sales data, and other data sources to build complex market models using R, SPSS, and Excel, to help customers better understand key factors driving adoption trends, consumer spend, market growth, and competitive dynamics within the consumer technology industry
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- At least 5-7 years experience in statistical analysis and modeling, forecasting experience is a plus
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to run a wide range of analytic techniques including but not limited to driver analysis, segmentation (cluster analysis using k-means and other clustering techniques), MaxDiff, conjoint/choice models, regression, time series analysis, and predictive modeling
- Advanced skills in R and SPSS required; abilities in Python preferred
- Experience/expertise in resampling approaches such as hierarchical Bayesian/Markov chains, etc. is a plus
- Confidence in supporting ongoing models for performance of technology segments
- Clear understanding of client business objectives and ability to match approach to requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate methods and results in a clear and impactful way
- This position can be based in an approved remote US location or in Canada.
- Travel requirements are 30-40% (post-COVID)
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for a Power BI Developer for a client in the mortgage services industry. This is a 100% remote position.Responsibilities for the Power BI Developer:Responsible for the creation of visually appealing and engaging dashboards, providing releva
Insurance is broken, outdated, and does not meet the needs of today's modern economy. Customers pay fixed premiums that are not directly related to how often an asset is used or by an individual user's risk profile. If you want insurance to work for today's modern economy, you ne
Position Title: PCRF EngineerClassification: ExemptGrade: E6Location: REMOTE – USA OnlyStatus: Must be authorized to live and work in the USAAccept: US Citizen, Green Card, H1, H4, OPT, Other EADMay Consider: Corp to CorpReports To: Project ManagerWorking Hours: M – F
McClatchy is looking for data fellows who can use programmatic skills to help acquire, analyze and visually represent data. We're looking for candidates who have experience with at least one programming language, such as R or Python, and are excited by the idea of working with da
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to ta
Purpose:The Technology Lead, Statistical Programming Operations is responsible for optimizing and deploying business processes and technology solutions within data sciences to support company portfolio. A technical and innovative role that partners with statistical programming, c