Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications.
To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you
For its PaaS solution, https://platform.sh is looking for an Operations and Service Reliability Engineer with a taste for Python and Go, great Linux system understanding, and a real hunger for the challenges of building robust, distributed systems.
Platform.sh is a PaaS shrouded in a lot of black magic (we can consistently clone a whole running cluster, with its state, databases, indexes in a matter of seconds). We want to get this down to the hundreds of milliseconds domain. Interested? There is more...
Our external API is pure Hypermedia REST + oAuth on top of Pyramid. It mechanizes the Git layer and needs more features.
We can consistently generate from the same manifest a Docker container, an LXC one, or VM disk images (AWS, Azure, OpenStack), we want more targets.
We probably have the highest industry container density. We need to get it higher.
We support any Python, Ruby, NodeJS or PHP, Java and .NET, time to roll out Elixir, of course, Elixir (and Rust. We need Rust).
We need to have more auto-healing on the high-availability clusters. We need more performance out of our multi-protocol ssh proxy. We need to work on our Ceph Implementation. We need to get the Debian package generation streamlined and faster. We need… great ideas on how to make Platform.sh even better.
Directly reporting to our VP of Infrastructure and in close interaction with our Engineering and Customer Support teams, you will be responsible for:
- Cloud operations: configure clusters, deploy stuff, follow-up on alerts, help customer support debug issues
- Automating all of the above so they can instead drink margaritas (or non-alcoholic beverages, of course)
- Creating systems, tools & processes that will enhance our support and operations efficiency
- Improving service quality, discipline, and reliability throughout the lifecycle
- Monitoring operating objectives, streamline and automate intervention
- Continuous learning from Operations experience, modeled as software
This is a fully remote position for a candidate based in the APAC timezone.
The ideal candidate
- Has proven successful experience in an operations role
- Has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage cloud-based infrastructure for a fast-growing organization
- Has experience with containerization technologies
- Has had exposure to cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- Understands how an OS works, knows networking, how git works, and the constraints of a distributed system,
- Puppet experience
- Is proficient in Python (Golang a plus)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
Note: we don't like stress, so we build everything to be robust and resilient, but stuff does break. This is a role with on-call duties and fire drills. If this fills you with dread... well, this might not be a fit for you.
A typical month in our team would look like this
- Development week: writing the code and the automation to make our infrastructure run smoothly, from Puppet, Go, Python, and it really goes from monitoring tasks up to self-healing & updating
- Deploy week: every that goes live on PSH is deployed by us, and the project managers assign those updates of clusters to whom is working during that week (during the off hours). We're always improving :)
- Escalation week: whenever there's a tough problem support can't deal with, the team is investigating why, and our team help solve it
- On-Call week: whenever a person is on-call, we don't add anything to that person, so that teammate has time to learn something new while being available in case something happens
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble, and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can brin
DeepSight Technology Inc. of St. Louis, MO is currently hiring for a detail-oriented full-time Imaging Software Developer to join our medical imaging technology team. This full-time position works remotely or at one of our US offices in the St. Louis or San Francisco Bay areas, a
Position Title: Test Automation Framework DeveloperEntity: Glow NetworksClassification: ExemptStatus: Must be authorized to live and work in the USAAccept: US Citizen, Green Card, H1, H4, OPT, Other EADMay Consider: Corp to CorpReports to: Project managerLocation: REMOTEWorking H
Integration Engineer IIDirect Hire, 100% Remote70-80K / yearREQUIREMENTS:Two or more years of API development and Python experience are requiredPREFERRED:Two (2) or more years of software development experience, IBM B2Bi preferred.Two (2) or more years of database development exp
At Beautylish, we believe that high quality engineering and design comes from simplicity, not complexity. We understand that simple solutions are not always the easiest to build, but are worth the investment. Our culture is centered around building extraordinary user experiences,
More jobs by this company
MissionAs a Director of Sales, North America, you will be reporting directly to the SVP of Global Sales. You will be responsible for leading Enterprise sales revenue within the Commercial segment primarily in the US and Canada.In a given day you might:Drive your team to successfu
MissionWe’re looking for 2 Product Managers to join the Developer Experience Product Area, one focused on the Core Developer Experience and one focused on Onboarding Developers into Platform.sh.Core Developer Experience focuses on hosting and developing day to day using Pla
MissionWe’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Observability team and help us accelerate our roadmap, while maintaining a close collaboration with the engineering team. From discovery to delivery, product managers articulate market needs, work with engineering teams
Developers love Platform.sh. Platform.sh is the end-to-end web platform for agile teams. We enable organizations to focus on what matters most to them–creating great experiences for their customers–instead of infrastructure. Whether they’ve got one site, or 1,00
Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications.To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our operations team. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this cou