Insurance is broken, outdated, and does not meet the needs of today's modern economy. Customers pay fixed premiums that are not directly related to how often an asset is used or by an individual user's risk profile. If you want insurance to work for today's modern economy, you need to break things up into episodes.
At Lula, we’re building the future of insurance by creating the technological infrastructure (APIs) to change the way companies purchase and manage insurance. Our technology allows companies to insure assets by individual episodes, analyze risk profiles by more than 80+ risk metrics, and manage claims and policies.
We are looking for a Data Scientist passionate about numbers and using quantitative methods to change how data is used in insurance.
- Build and evaluate pricing models and risk segmentation plans
- Enhance evaluation pipelines to translate model results into KPIs
- Leverage internal and external data sources to engineer novel features to enhance risk segmentation
- Think creatively and outside the box to answer desired experimental questions
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas
- 3+ years of applying advanced quantitative techniques to problems in industry. Actuarial pricing experience preferred.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of topics such as bayesian statistics, machine learning, and numerical optimization.
- Strong programming skills with experience using modern packages in R and Python.
- Demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods to real world problems.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 14 vacation days
- 10 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- Bi-annual on-site/virtual team retreats
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Remote - EMEA or AmericasHPC is an important and technically challenging compute domain, with specialised tooling and a very high requirement for precision, efficiency and automation.This role covers engineering management of a new software development team we have created to del
Senior Scientist/Director – Modeling & Meta-analysisPractice:OPEN Health- Evidence & AccessLocation:FlexibleYou will love this role if you:Have a passion for science and health careEnjoy multidisciplinary work, and thrive at the intersection of creativity and scient
We are looking for an AI Research Engineer push the state of the art of our AI models. As a AI Research Engineer at Whiterabbit.ai, you will:Support our team of research scientists and research engineers in carrying out large-scale advanced deep learning researchTrain on a dedica
LOCATION: USA East CoastJOB TYPE: RemoteCompany Summary EDETEK provides comprehensive business and technical solutions to advance the science of medicine and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We utilize our clinical platform CONFORM™, to fulfill our cu
Python Integration EngineerDirect Hire, 100% Remote60-75K / yearREQUIREMENTS:Two or more years of API development and Python experience are requiredPREFERRED:Two (2) or more years of software development experience, IBM B2Bi preferred.Two (2) or more years of database development