At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN Digital Insights is seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior bioinformatics scientist who can contribute his/her own unique perspectives to our collective understanding of genomics and genetics data for biomedical research.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide professional bioinformatics services including NGS analysis, data harmonization, and pipeline and API development, etc.
- Consult with biotech and pharma professionals across multiple therapeutic areas
- Collaborate internally with content, research, and software development teams
- Integrate detailed biological information with analyzed NGS data to provide an end-to-end solution
- PhD degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline) plus 3~5 years of post-graduate experience in biomedical field
- In-depth experience with NGS analysis pipelines and algorithms for a variety of data types (e.g. RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, WGS, ATAC-seq)
- Proficiency in one or more common programming languages such as Python (preferred), R (preferred), C#, Java, Perl
- Experience with Linux command line tools and bash shell scripting
- Familiarity with HPC and/or cloud-computing environments such as AWS
- Working knowledge of version control tools and Docker
- Must provide code samples (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Experience with Web App, desktop App development and/or API implementation is a plus
- Solid track record of research in biomedical or related areas as demonstrated by publications
- Familiarity with workflow development languages
- Experience implementing machine learning models is a plus
- Experience with commercial genomics software for NGS data analysis and visualization
- Strong statistical skill
- Experience with drug discovery is a plus
- Customer-oriented, enjoys working with customers and helping find solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively around results and process with biologists and domain experts
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Strong ability to multi-task and track ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills, and enjoys working in collaborative team environment
- Effective presentation skills
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
Are you interested in joining a venture-backed startup that is building the next generation of data analytics?QuickCode learns from user feedback, retraining its own underlying machine learning algorithms along the way, delivering higher quality data that is more representative a
We are looking for an AI Research Engineer push the state of the art of our AI models. As a AI Research Engineer at Whiterabbit.ai, you will:Support our team of research scientists and research engineers in carrying out large-scale advanced deep learning researchTrain on a dedica
Are you an experienced Software Engineering professional who would like to get into a leading Artificial Intelligence company? Our end client is on a mission to make smart software to be used by insurance providers in the underwriting process. This is an opportunity to help an or
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: EST)HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $125 USD / HRESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long term, ongoing projectPreference is US only but open to global if can overlap.