- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex networks and systems in the world
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- (Re)Design, deploy, manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol critical infrastructure networks in every Facebook network location, including our data centers and POPs
- Define and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Design and deploy new network and tooling architectures
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around - the code and systems you work on support the production network infrastructure used by billions of users all around the world
- 4+ years of experience in network engineering or network-centric software development
- 2+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Python, C++, Go, etc.)
- Experience developing and understanding network device configuration for at least one vendor (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Brocade, Nokia, Linux, etc.)
- Protocol experience in one of BGP, OSPF, ISIS - understanding of typical configurations and performance optimizations
- Experience understanding and mitigating network hardware and topology failures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv6
- Experience writing code to automate Network deployments, monitoring or remediation
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of network devices and NMS systems, or applications such as authentication servers (RADIUS/TACACS), logging infrastructure or collection systems (SNMP/NETCONF/gNMI)
- Experience building out-of-band networks using alternative technologies (LTE, VSAT, IPSec)
- Field experience with network deployments
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the.
Travel Required: NoneRequisition Type: RegularGDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into.
Basic Qualifications :Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.Due to the nature of work performed.
ResponsibilitiesAbout Us:Headquartered in Ottawa, BTA Design serves the electronic design community from Canada, specializing in ASIC and FPGA design and verification, and embedded software development services. We augment and enhance our clients’ teams.
POSITION: Software EngineerTYPE: Direct Hire OR Contract to HireLOCATION: Remote; close proximity to San Diego is preferred, though not requiredWe are a well-funded startup changing the world of retail. Our mission is to revolutionize customer experience.
Our client is a Global Systems Solutions Provider with base offices throughout the United States, offering remote and hybrid opportunities across the country. The company is a dynamic leader in providing critical intelligent systems and applications.
Data Scientist - Professional Services (Client Facing).CalypsoAIWashington, DC USAJob Position: Data Scientist (Delivery) (East Coast US- Remote) - Full-Time Position.We are looking for a driven, analytical, and highly professional data scientist to.
GTAI provides strategic management and business development advice to start-ups and early-stage technology companies. One funded start-up we advise has an immediate need for top engineering talent to work on state-of-the-art technology that will be sold.
More jobs by this company
The Data Analyst - People Data Strategic Solutions strives to deliver user-friendly and accurate tools for reporting, data, and analytical insights to create People-related strategies and narratives across the business. This role is responsible for ensuring.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to partner with key stakeholders and lead the development of an analytics program to support and enable the continued growth critical to Meta’s Data Center organization. As we plan to grow our Data Center.
Business Engineering is looking for impact-focused, entrepreneurial engineers ready to bring their ideas and make a difference. We are technology experts that apply our software engineering skills, bringing a unique blend of business and technology expertise.