Support Technician / Help Desk
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships.
Some of our recent credits include: WandaVision, Ozark, Superman and Lois, See, and Game of Thrones.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
Are you looking to join a company that challenges your problem solving skills? A company that will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in an advanced technical environment and develop your network and storage skills? Do you like to experiment with the latest technologies and mingle with artists and colleagues?
Zoic Studios Los Angeles is looking for an Help Desk Technician with top notch soft skills to help support our ever changing digital infrastructure. We are looking for an emerging IT technician who truly enjoys being part of a team and can effectively communicate with our employees and crew. Our studio is a fast paced, creative and highly energetic environment and one that needs a like-minded individual.
This is a remote work from home position primarily focused on supporting the team in our New York City location. You will also get to interact with colleagues thousands of miles away in Los Angeles, Vancouver, and with clients that scatter the globe. If you like interacting and collaborating with others, this job is for you!
What you will be exposed to:
- Networking technologies (DWDM, BGP, OSPF, VXLAN, VLT)
- Various storage technologies
- Moving data fast across the globe
- Data center infrastructure
- Software Deployment at Scale
- VFX pipelines
What will keep you busy:
- Responding to Support Request Tickets
- Configure and Deploy Workstations, Switches, Printers and Misc. Equipment
- User Account Administration
- Software Installation and Deployment
- Troubleshoot various software, hardware
- Ensuring engineering facilities are clean and organized
- Moving / Racking Equipment
- Working with Windows, Linux and Apple Operating Systems
- Windows Active Directory Administration
- Administering VOIP and Video Conferencing Systems
- Documenting Processes
- Reviewing Security Event/Audit Logs
- Providing technical support for external clients
What experience you bring:
- General IT Industry experience
- TCP/IP Networking Skills
- Windows and Linux Skills
- Network Cable Making Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs comfortably
- Soft Skills
What additional capabilities you may have (Bonus Skills):
- Past experience with Post/Film/VFX a plus
- Knowledge of graphics applications from Autodesk, The Foundry or Adobe
- Candidates located in New York City and surrounding area preferred. This position will require working on Eastern time.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: TRANSPORTATION & FUELS RESEARCH ANALYSTProgram/Role: Research / Transportation & Fuels Research AnalystLocation: Minneapolis, MN. GPI’s headquarters are based at 2801 21st Avenue South, Suite 220 in Minneapolis, MN. Remote work will be conside
Senior Software Development EngineerWho We AreSolera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s oth
TITLE: Software Development Engineer in Test - PythonLOCATION: REMOTEPAY: Target pay for this role is $120K-140K per year but may vary based on experienceENGAGEMENT TYPE: Direct HireWHAT YOU’LL BE DOINGThis is an experienced level Software Development Engineer in Test posit
US RemoteSophos LabsJob Requisition Number: AMLAB192Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat inte
More jobs by this company
About us: Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies. Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for sister company Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company w