The Sr. Technician position is the final escalation point within the NYSOH IT Technical Services and Support Organization. The position is responsible for supporting business and IT projects, incident, and service request resolutions, change implementations, technical process documentation and to ensure daily business availability and overall client objectives are met.
- Will work with client’s support personnel, as appropriate, to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Assist in tracking help desk calls and tickets pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and issues, updating documentation of problem resolutions and processes for shared team knowledge
- Assigns/escalates issues and works directly with technical staff, including providing guidance to Help Desk and Deskside Support Teams
- Works with/escalates problems to corporate support, as needed. Coordinates efforts with MAXIMUS Corporate Office Help Desk
- Lead/Facilitate troubleshooting sessions for internal/external customers
- Ability to accommodate after hours support and shift rotation, and provide “On Call” support during emergency situations
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards
- Highly self-motivated and directed with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to execute multiple complex tasks simultaneously and can work as a team member, as well as independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Able to be proactive, and have an analytical approach to identifying issues and solutions
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, Network Switches, Routers LAPs, and Telecom
- Extensive application support experience with VoIP, Microsoft Suite, Windows10 and OS 365 software
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages (PowerShell, PowerApp, Python)
- Experience in configuring and resolving wireless device issues including email synching and security
- Experience working with 3rd party support organizations including Dell, Microsoft, and other support desks.
- Able to do scripting to automate routine tasks.
- Working knowledge of Print Server and maintenance
- Able to do Software Scans to find Unauthorized Software
- Working Knowledge of MECM
- Experience with VM environments (VCenter, Vsphere)
- Proficient with Wireshark
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in similar technical support
- Cisco Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or a related field preferred
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work in liaison with Maximus IT and vendors to provide hands-on/on-site support, testing and troubleshooting assistance for network equipment and cabling and other related systems/equipment at all locations in assigned region.
- Provide Tier 3 Level support for request that cannot be resolved remotely where on-site hands-on inspection and remediation is required.
- Identify, research, resolve technical issues for local and remote staff.
- Become the subject matter expert for various software applications and end point configurations for the business.
- Conduct routine equipment servicing out in the field.
- Perform on-site activities, related to installation, repair, management and maintenance.
- Manage and maintain onsite IT equipment by receiving, inventorying, imaging and deploying IT assets.
- Track IT Assets and maintain updated information in the appropriate ITAM database.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution within the established SLA’s of the business.
- Provide Windows / Mac / Linux OS support by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics.
- Provide written updates for problem resolution in ticketing system, knowledge bases, troubleshooting manual and or job aids.
- Escort vendors inside the data rooms and ensure changes, maintenance is documented, and all safety precautions have been followed.
- Assist in maintaining and updating various software applications and desktops configurations to ensure compliance.
- Participate in support activities for virtual or in-person projects focused on assisting the transition of newly trained staff into production.
- Work with other IT departments and vendors to resolve technical issues or implement new technologies for different lines of business.
- Perform technology upgrades and refreshes.
- Perform work via IT Ticketing system to assist customers in person, over the phone, chat and remotely.
- Assist in tracking and completing tickets pertaining to application, network, and system issues.
- Maintaining Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Administer user accounts and permissions to various application, as well as client software.
- Serve as technical liaison between program staff and IT.
- Assist with Service Desk surge support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related IT experience.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a medium-size business environment.
- Availability to response to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge with ITIL and prior experience in staff development preferred.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
Overview:This is an operations role largely responsible for providing technical expertise around TierPoint’s private cloud platforms to both internal and external organizations in a managed services capacity. Primary responsibilities of this role would include tracking and
Senior Data Scientist - Germany | RemoteYour roleYou develop machine learning models in a team of highly qualified statisticians, mathematicians and computer scientistsYou concretize and operationalize the models together with other departmentsYou also develop interfaces to other
Image Scientist (Mid)Remote Full-Time PositionPosition Description:SJ is looking for an Image Specialist with a working understanding and practical application of modeling components of the image path to include sensor, detector, atmospheric, and material properties. Imaging syst
Center Information: The Quantitative Biomedical Research Center (QBRC) is a well-established research center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). It aims to foster collaborations involving quantitative methods and technologies in any aspect of biomedical research, particular
REMOTE, US /RESEARCH HQ – PATIENT ENROLLMENT /FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENTWe are SO glad you are reading this! But, before we go any further in this conversation, we have deal-breakers. You must meet all of the following criteria before applying:You MUST have a minimum of 3 years o
More jobs by this company
Job Introduction:Maximus is looking to hire Customer Service Representatives to support the CDC-Vax program. Agents will answer incoming calls from the public related to COVID-19 vaccination and testing scheduling. This position will require Agents to use independent judgment to.
Job Description Summary:Required Skills:Bachelor’s Degree4+ years of full enterprise Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) delivery2+ years of Appian Development experienceDesired Skills:Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering field2+ years of experience
Job Description Summary:The Senior Analyst – Systems Analysis position is responsible for providing systems analysis for systems implementation and software development projects. This position will work with the business to provide business requirement solutions using MAXIM
Job Description Summary:Job Summary: VA Clinical Contact Center Staff -Nurse is a registered nurse (RN) with collegiate preparation from an accredited nursing program. The Nurse is responsible for providing triage, referrals, and patient care recommendations in a call center sett
Job Description Summary:Who We Seek:Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, wor
Job Description Summary:Description:Support business intelligence solution design, development, implementation and administration for a mid-sized federal client across a complex data landscapeAct as a team member for the development of technical and functional requirements levera
Job Description Summary:Job Description SummaryWho We Seek:Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh
Maximus is currently seeking a .Net Developer to work remotely to focus on the development of a Medicaid Provider Data Management System. The position responsible for the development and finalization of all technical system documentation in relation to the data management system.