Our Sr. Systems Administrator, LINUX is responsible for Linux Red Hat operating systems administration. This will include designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and testing, diagnosing system problems, backing up and restoring systems, ensuring activities are within IT policies and procedures, recommending ideas for policy and/or procedure changes, evaluating and recommending software and hardware products, and documenting procedures and activities.
- Responsible for designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and testing Linux operating system related utilities and hardware in support of business requirements.
- Efficiently diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Linux operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitor and make improvements to the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure /server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Participate including making recommendations in disaster recovery initiatives and exercises.
- Develop and promote standard Linux operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Linux operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Lead small projects and participate in medium and largescale projects.
- Participation in Disaster Recovery exercises on an annual basis.
- Participate in weekly team on-call rotation.
- May require travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology or related field (additional experience may substitute).
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
- 5 years Enterprise level Linux Red Hat experience managing 300+ servers.
- Experience using backup and restore software.
- Experience with converged infrastructure.
- Advance level of experience to write and maintain scripts (bash, awk, perl, python, etc).
- Experience with system automation + patch management (Ansible or Satellite).
- Experience using Enterprise Monitoring tools.
- Experience with vulnerability management (STIG / CIS compliance)
- Experience with Linux based mail relay.
- Experience with Kubernetes and OpenShift cloud-based technologies.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to research and effectively recommend software and hardware solutions.
- Strong communication skills required to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Strong team player.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
Overview:This is an operations role largely responsible for providing technical expertise around TierPoint’s private cloud platforms to both internal and external organizations in a managed services capacity. Primary responsibilities of this role would include tracking and
Senior Data Scientist - Germany | RemoteYour roleYou develop machine learning models in a team of highly qualified statisticians, mathematicians and computer scientistsYou concretize and operationalize the models together with other departmentsYou also develop interfaces to other
Image Scientist (Mid)Remote Full-Time PositionPosition Description:SJ is looking for an Image Specialist with a working understanding and practical application of modeling components of the image path to include sensor, detector, atmospheric, and material properties. Imaging syst
Center Information: The Quantitative Biomedical Research Center (QBRC) is a well-established research center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). It aims to foster collaborations involving quantitative methods and technologies in any aspect of biomedical research, particular
REMOTE, US /RESEARCH HQ – PATIENT ENROLLMENT /FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENTWe are SO glad you are reading this! But, before we go any further in this conversation, we have deal-breakers. You must meet all of the following criteria before applying:You MUST have a minimum of 3 years o
More jobs by this company
Navient is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack to be part of a team with opportunities to develop different products, such as web applications and web APIs. Engineer collaborates with architects, testers, and business analysts to design, and develop software based on func