Svitla Systems is a multinational software company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with business and development offices throughout the US, Canada, LATAM, Europe, and India. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, an individual approach to teammate professional and personal growth, and family-like settings.
Since 2003 we have served a wide range of customers, from innovative start-ups in California to large corporations like Ingenico, Ancestry and many others. At Svitla, professionals work with clients to build lasting and successful partnerships. Our global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of other communities and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
Our client's team is making breakthroughs in B2B marketing with autonomous technology powered by AI to replace the mundane tasks of marketing operations and empower execution 100x faster to free up time for creativity and strategy.
The company is REMOTE with members in 10 countries and 3 continents.
We seek a Senior Data Engineer (SDE) to contribute to next generation products. As a SDE, you will make deep technical contributions and decisions, manage priorities without supervision, participate in innovative tech designs, understand how your work fits in with related projects, and help the team course-correct when necessary.
It is a rare opportunity to boost your career growth, learn a lot, meet talented people, and work with cutting-edge technologies to transform B2B Marketing.
The learning curve is challenging, but if this sounds like the right opportunity then we want to hear from you soon! Senior Data Engineer requires sharp focus, exceptional attention to detail, an analytical approach, and continuous learning.
- Design and implement workflows for ingestion and transformation of new data sources that will be used in the company.
- Enable report generation and distribution based on the existent data and new external sources of data ingested.
- Evolve the current Data Engineering infrastructure to make it scalable and get it ready for the predicted future volume
- Work on maintenance and redesign of the current data lake to empower analysts and ML team.
- Maintain and deploy ML models, set up the necessary infrastructure to run those models, and distribute the predictions to the appropriate place.
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Engineer and/or Software Engineer
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Experience with Apache Spark, Python libraries for parallelization and creation of rest API clients, and data manipulation like Pandas
- Knowledge on MySQL and relational databases
- Database normalization, denormalization, star and snowflake schemas
- Experience with search engines such as ElasticSearch, Solr
- Experience with key/value databases like Redis
- Experience with Streams and Message Brokers like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Knowledge of data formats: Json, Parquet, Delta, Avro, Protocol Buffers
- Comfortable with Linux (basic scripting language), Gitlab, Jira and a good grasp of the concept of DevOps and CI/CD
- Proven experience with taking a feature request, providing tech design, implementing end-to-end, and performing code review
- Familiar with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS or DigitalOcean
- Strong understanding of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficient logical and analytical skills
- Familiar with working in Agile environment and remote teams
Location: Canada Remote
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $37.00 - $47.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
This work is remote.
- software engineering: 7 years (Required)
- Python and SQL: 4 years (Required)
- GPYC (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
At Dascena we are on a mission to build the next generation of precision medicine. We predict human health by developing machine learning predictive algorithms to enable early disease intervention and improve care outcomes for patients. We get the right intervention, to the right
Vori Health is on a mission to empower humanity to lead their healthiest life. We believe that great health holds the keys to unlocking personal potential. Our goal is to deliver high-value virtual and in-person care that enables a path to better health. Our human-centered approa
TITLE: Software Development Engineer in Test - PythonLOCATION: REMOTEPAY: Target pay for this role is $120K-140K per year but may vary based on experienceENGAGEMENT TYPE: Direct HireWHAT YOU’LL BE DOINGThis is an experienced level Software Development Engineer in Test posit
US RemoteSophos LabsJob Requisition Number: AMLAB192Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat inte