Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country.
As a Data Analyst working on our Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPIC) team for the Western Jurisdiction, you can contribute to our efforts to make a positive difference in the future of our nation's healthcare programs. Our UPIC West team identifies and investigates fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs covering 13 states and 3 territories. You will utilize your statistical analysis programming skills to detect patterns of potential fraud in large healthcare data sets. Experience in at least one of the following statistical analysis applications is required: Python, R and SAS. This position is perfect for a recent Master's grad with academic project experience using Python, R or SAS.
Our Los Alamitos, CA office is the preferred location for this position, but we will consider well qualified home-based candidates residing in most states of the continental US.
This position is a entry level professional who performs study design, data analysis, and report preparation. Studies originate from preliminary data analysis (trends), literature review, experience and expertise of the team, and mandated projects. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of Data Scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Trend data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups) for quality improvement or focused investigations.
- Aid in design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for quality improvement or focused investigation.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize into quality indicator values
- Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data, which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels of care.
- Populate tabular and graphical presentation of data.
- Contribute to the development of interventions (i.e., develop educational materials for doctors and nurses) which will improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
- Facilitate design re-measurement strategies (after intervention) of healthcare processes and outcomes to effectively quantify impact of interventions for improvement.
- Analyze re-measurement data and summarize into quality indicator values.
- Support development of reports concerning all of the above.
- May mentor junior Data Analysts in technical aspects of their work.
- Assist in preparing findings for publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical and professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fluency in Python, R, and/or SAS and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Must possess familiarity with statistical and epidemiological methodologies, and automation techniques for analytic tasks.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems, Medicare/Medicaid preferred, healthcare databases and coding systems.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) required.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on Python, R and/or SAS experience; Master's degree and applicable academic project experience may be substituted for the work experience.
- 6 months experience with health related analytic research and quality improvement methodology (ISO, CQI, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, Etc.) preferred.
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionYour Role:Tenable is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generat
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.Driven by a mission to expand acce
The Next Best Technical Architect will work with our customers as a trusted advisor to ensure successful project delivery of end-to-end IQVIA Next Best recommendation (decision) engine solutions aiming at improving the efficiency of commercial functions in the Pharmaceutical indu
Job Title:Research AnalystSupervisor’s Title: Outcomes Manager COMPANY VISIONAnyone needing longer-term care can have a high quality of life in their own setting through access to an excellent & valued health care team.COMPANY MISSIONProvide the best platform for the di
TITLE: Software Development Engineer in Test - PythonLOCATION: REMOTEPAY: Target pay for this role is $120K-140K per year but may vary based on experienceENGAGEMENT TYPE: Direct HireWHAT YOU’LL BE DOINGThis is an experienced level Software Development Engineer in Test posit