This is a fully remote position
There's one thing that unites everyone at GovCIO-we are Transformers. GovCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
We believe in making a difference, and our inclusive work culture ensures we can. Many employee backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives make us better problem solvers and creators. We're changing the face of IT - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop, and we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a Transformer?
GovCIO is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Austin, TX and Tampa, FL.
We provide our employees with a complete compensation and benefits plan, advocacy resources, professional development and training, tuition assistance, and an environment where you can thrive, maintain a healthy work/life balance, and advance in your career.
GovCIO is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our management consulting firm. Reporting to the Chief Data Scientist, you will work alongside other data and analytics professionals to build processes and improve communication that enhances the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT)'s response to system events and application performance.
By strengthening application availability, you will reduce downtime and lessen the impact to our U.S. Veterans and other end-users.
You're best suited for this position if you have experience working in a team environment providing and accepting constructive feedback, and value relationship building among team members and customers.
- Assist with designing and implementing improvement planning, data analysis, assessments, and organizational strategies.
- Establish and facilitate professional learning communities.
- Provide guidance for monitoring complex business procedures.
- Conduct quantitative analysis using operations research tools, economics, and other quantitative techniques in the areas of procedural implementations and performance issues.
- Assist with creating procedural analysis process and requirements gathering.
- Guide and oversee assessment of quality control process and ensure quality of deliverables.
- Research and leverage new methods for extracting unstructured data from systems.
- Use modern data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: SQL, R, SAS, Python, Pyramid, Power BI others) to mine systems data, compile and compare data sources, and identify trends related to:
- Major Incident Management (MIM)
- Problem Management (PM)
- High Priority Incident (HPI)
- Critical Priority Incident (CPI)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Support resource collection and development of white papers and other communications materials.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of executive communication to effect process improvement.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related field, is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- 8+ years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirement (11-13 years total)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Specialization in modeling and simulation functions or operations such as exercises, plans, coordination, demonstrations, and instruction in applicable fields.
- Experience with data analytics and business intelligence tools (ex: R, PowerBI, Python, others) to mine data from systems, compile and compare data sources, and identify impactful trends.
- Ability to communicate and present findings and materials to leadership, client and business stakeholders, and team members.
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation.
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: NoneRequisition Type: RegularWe are GDIT. We take pride in providing our clients with the data they need to make important decisions that impact the world around us.You make GDIT your place by delivering insights to.
Stride Services is an accounting services firm that supports 100+ clients across the United States. Our clients are generally entrepreneurs of small to mid-sized service delivery companies. Our company is 100% remote. We are looking for a full-time Data.
REMOTE - USENGINEERINGJR4387FULL TIMEBUILDING THE POSSIBILITIES.We’re growing rapidly. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting.
WEX Inc. is in the process of expanding its payment processing business globally and modernizing our global operations, processes and tools. You will be a key member of the Data Products team and will primarily be responsible for building data transformations.
As a Data Science Manager at Meta, you will help shape the future of the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses, creators, and partners around the world.You will apply your people leadership, project management,.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product designers and engineers to make the best social platform for Meta's billion users. Our UX Research team is designing for the global diversity of human needs, which.
Level: Mid-LevelReports To: Director of Loss ForecastingTravel Required: Travel Not RequiredVISA Support: No VISA Sponsorships SupportedWill this hire need to report to a specific location? No, you can work from anywhere.Must-Haves:Bachelor's degree.
We seek a self-starting and curious individual to join our team. The Metrics SDE position is unique and exciting in the breadth of the technical challenges and at the rapid pace at which those challenges may arise and evolve. The prospective SDE must.