Blenderbox is hiring a Senior Software Engineer with Full Stack competence specializing in React and NodeJS application development.
We seek a new trusted teammate that shares our passion for mission-driven work and recognizes the value of modern software development practices. The ideal candidate will be well-accomplished and eager to embrace a healthy challenge.
Our Senior Software Engineer at Blenderbox will be responsible for driving development and support of custom web applications designed for our higher education, nonprofit and government clients.
Cross-functional collaboration is key at Blenderbox. The proper candidate will thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise.
This is a full-time US-based remote position. The majority of your work will be focused on front-end and back-end engineering, code reviews and technical planning.
At Blenderbox, we operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance.
You will be working with talented people that are forward-thinking and compassionate.
- Establish and maintain a trusting work environment through demonstration of empathy and expert technical competence
- Integrate functional, technical, and business requirements into efficient and scalable software designs within an Agile development process
- Determine the strategic and tactical direction of the front-end architecture and middle-ware services
- Collaborate with UX / UI Designers and advise on technical feasibility of proposed design approaches.
- Compose and maintain detailed technical specifications.
- Advocate for best practices, tools and approaches to improve the application stability, performance and quality.
- Solve technical challenges using available open source modules / plug-ins and follow modern best practices.
- Write secure, performant, maintainable and testable code for client and internal projects.
- Proactively raise and help resolve issues throughout the software product lifecycle.
- Contribute technical expertise in client meetings and communications.
- Proactively and clearly communicate technical risks and tradeoffs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- 4+ years experience delivering stable and scalable React applications
- 2+ years of production experience with NodeJS
- Experience with REST, JSON, API integration
- Proficiency with CSS and CSS pre/post-processors
- Proficient with web app state management
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud services
- Experience with high-availability, consumer-facing applications, PWAs
- Working knowledge of software security and performance optimization principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to decompose complex problems into manageable units of work
- Prior experience in a digital agency environment as a full time employee or a consultant
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the United States.
Nice to have:
- Experience with frameworks like ExpressJS, NextJS, NestJS, etc
- Experience with Python and Python-based frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Experience with other complementary technologies
- Experience with modern static site generators
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and writing automated tests
$90-130k commensurate with experience
What we offer:
Competitive salary compensation
20 days PTO (plus 11 Holidays, 5 Wellness Days)
A 401K & Pension program with minimum 5% employer contributions (after 6. month waiting period and a vesting schedule for employer contributions above 3%)
Medical, dental & vision (currently through Aetna/Justworks), we pay 100% of the premium
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified expenses that is pretax
An HSA option (Health Savings Account) (depends on which medical package you choose)
Home office improvement budget
Career growth and professional development coaching / support
100% virtual work environment - all team members are remote
Blenderbox is a values-based virtual agency with subject matter experts distributed around the United States with headquarters in New York City. We have over 20 years of experience building websites and applications for mission-driven organizations, primarily for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations.
Our culture is one of inclusion, transparency and pride. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively on a diversity of projects that are reflective of our shared core values.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Location Details:At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior TypeScript Developer for a full-time, fully remote opportunity at a leading technology company. The Senior TypeScript Developer will design and implement user interfaces, improve the functionality of web.
Sofbang Open PositionPosition Title: Full Stack ArchitectType of Position: Permanent, Contract to HireNumber of Openings: 1Location: RemoteStart Date: ASAPDuration: Long TermSalary/Rate: Depending upon experienceYears of Experience: +10 yearsPosition.
We're looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team.Responsibilities:Communicate design requirements to engineers and management.Take end-to-end ownership and manage a small team. Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch.
it is remote positionit is full time permanent position hired on w2Responsibilities:Work with product lead and designer to bring frontend interfaces to life from the ground upWrite well organized, testable and high performing code while minimizing software.
More jobs by this company
Blenderbox is now hiring a Senior .NET Software Engineer (Contract) with expert level competence in .NET 6 (Core), .NET MVC Framework, .NET Web API, SQL, LINQ, API development and React.You will be responsible for driving development of our .NET software.