Our mission is the enablement of every organization and person with the technology to positively impact the health of planet Earth. Persefoni is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce their Enterprise Carbon Footprint. Our goal is to provide our customers unprecedented visibility and insights into the impact their organization has on the environment. Leveraging the latest breakthroughs in data science and software, our technology will empower teams and leaders to mobilize their organizations to continuously improve their greenhouse gas emissions metrics. At Persefoni, we are excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the customers we support.
Our Core Values:
- Sustainability - We are committed to sustainable business practices across our entire operation and culture. We go beyond achieving balance. We are a net-positive contributor to the environment, our employee’s lives, and the global community.
- Impact - We are focused on and passionate about tackling the biggest and hardest problems that will have the greatest impact. We create significant, not incremental, solutions.
- Collaboration - We are always aligned in our goals and efforts to create the most impactful technologies possible. Constant cooperation across our company, customers, and partners is our standard mode of operating.
- Equality - We value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. Ours is a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
As a Persefoni Lead Software Engineer you will be an integral member of the Software Engineering Department and be partly responsible for building both our product and our web marketing development projects. Successful candidates should have a minimum of five years of recent professional programming experience at positions requiring the skills listed below with an emphasis on React and Typescript. Our project entails implementing our pre-approved development targets and developing a robust and reusable code framework in order to deliver a variety of new features across our product lines according to our preferred architecture design and best practices. Our front-end stack is a combination of React, GraphQL / Apollo, NextJS running a modern Atomic Design web framework. Code consistency is managed with Prettier, ESLint, and StyleLint. Our products are built housed within a mono-repo and managed with Lerna. End to end testing via Cypress. All development work is managed via JIRA tracked sprints and Bitbucket Git-flow branch management.
- Delegating tasks in the most efficient and effective way, providing all the necessary context and offering support for achieving goals
- Comfortable with making informed decisions when requirements are nuanced or where there’s room for interpretation. Always favoring a scalable solution and UX
- Keep up-to-date with ever evolving and rich ecosystem that software development is. Spotting opportunities for improving the architecture, framework, tools and processes being used
- Have a long term vision and identify foreseeable risks, proposing courses of actions to avoid them
- Provide honest feedback to the team. Celebrating success, identifying challenges and learning from failures
- Acknowledge its limitations and relying on team’s insight to overcome them. Creating spaces for discussion and further coworkers engagement
- Ensuring and allowing information between team members, and also across teams, to flow freely in the most efficient manner. Always favoring autonomy, transparency and distributing knowledge as much as possible
- Have well informed opinions to what constitutes clean and scalable code, enforcing them through PR reviewing, talks or other mechanisms.
- Daily operation within an Agile team using SCRUM methodologies
- Relay updates on existing work via Jira ticket status, push well documented pull requests for features, and collaborate through review and comments on your fellow developer pull requests.
- Author and maintain Cypress tests for end to end coverage
- Assist in the implementation of the overall front-end web architecture
- Ensure “Pixel-perfect” execution of our approved user interface designs Implementing mobile to desktop responsive web interfaces
- Ensure the UI is built for speed, scalability, reusability, & accessibility Integrating our front-end UI with the back-end API services via both GraphQL and RESTful API frameworks
- Connection, manipulation, and consumption of various SaaS data APIs
- At least eight years’ experience with the end-to-end life cycle of Agile software development. Including the technical analysis of requirements, development of the software, troubleshooting, and implementing PR and QA feedback. Experience with Agile process management systems such as JIRA
- Experience collaborating via sprint planning, daily stand-ups, ticket management, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Familiarity with our targeted development frameworks including React, NextJS, Typescript, Atomic Design principles, and functional component-based programming
- Proficiency with React features such as hooks, context, HOC, state management, and data fetching
- Proficiency with code debugging and uncovering performance issues utilizing developer tooling
- Proficiency in asynchronous programming patterns
- Proficiency with Git / BitBucket, Git-flow branch management
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with linting frameworks including Prettier and Eslint
- Experience authoring and maintaining end to end testing with Cypress
- Experience implementing Storybook component stories
- Experience with authoring Docker containers is also a plus
- Experience with using Figma, Zeplin, or similar tools for extracting design guidance
- Thorough understanding of user experience and application security practices Appreciation for clean, well documented code, and attention to detail Proactive communication across and within the team.
How You’ll Know You’re on the Right Track:
- Within your first day, you should have been able to clone the repository and install the necessary tooling to build and run our projects locally. You should have also been introduced to the engineering leadership and the development team members.
- Within your first week, you will be familiarizing yourself with the code base and assisting in coordinating work on development tickets as requested.
- Within your first month, you should be successfully operating with the development team, organizing work tickets to achieve product goals, submitting PRs, providing feedback on team member PRs, and advancing your assigned projects with your contributions.
- Within your first year, you should be contributing to the software engineering team by providing your personal insights as to how to improve our processes and architectures.
Full-time. Exempt. Remote. (Salary based on experience and location.)
Our Hiring Process:
- Step 1:Initial candidate screening call
- Step 2:Interview with member(s) of the Software Engineering Team
- Step 3:Interview with our Software Engineering Lead(s)
- Step 4:Interview with our Head of Engineering
- Step 5:Offer extended
- Step 6:Background check and on-boarding
- Generous PTO policy
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability, life insurance
- Equity incentive plan
Persefoni is an Equal Opportunity employer.
One of our company Core Values is 'Equality' which emphasizes our commitment to value and respect people and organizations of all backgrounds. We proudly bring this to life by fostering a culture of innovation, creativity, diversity of thought, and inclusion.
We strive for each of our team members to be able to show up for work every day as their genuine selves. Similar to the reverence given to Earth’s biodiversity, we recognize the vast potential that exists when all of the facets of diversity within our team are appreciated and illuminated. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices.
As you are considering us as a potential employer, it's important to ensure you are aware we currently have a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place for all U.S. employees.
The key tenets of our policy are:
- Fully remote employees, those who are not doing any travel and do not have any in-person interactions related to their work, are not required to be vaccinated.
- Employees who travel on behalf of Persefoni and/or have in-person interactions related to their work, are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, are required to inform us of whether they are fully vaccinated or not.
- We provide the opportunity for employees to request special exceptions to the policy for medical, religious, and other reasons
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Description:Elemeno is a small team making a big impact in healthcare by enabling front-line medical staff perform at their best. We're looking for a experience front-end web application developer to help us build the tools needed to connect nurses to.
We're looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team.Responsibilities:Communicate design requirements to engineers and management.Take end-to-end ownership and manage a small team. Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch.
Talk Social is hiring a frontend developer to architect browser-based video and experience design tools for deep human experiences. We could all use more serendipitous connection and meaningful fun nowadays, and you'd be helping build one of the more.
Vertex It Service is looking for a Software Architect, who will be responsible for high-level concepts and UI designs for software applications. He will collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure that all requirements from the original designs are.
Position: React Native developerLocation: Remote - Vienna, VA 22182Duration: 12 Months PlusWe are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. Building a product is a highly.
More jobs by this company
Company Introduction:Our mission is the enablement of every organization and person with the technology to positively impact the health of planet Earth. Persefoni is creating an all-in-one platform that allows organizations to measure, analyze, and reduce.