Who we are
Ministry Brands provides outstanding software, services, and content that powers churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations to the communities they serve. Working with us allows you the opportunity to marry your passion and enhance your skills. We equip over 95k+ faith-based organizations in North America with the software & payments tools they need to administer their membership, collect and manage tithes, and engage their congregations. If you love tech and desire to make a difference, then Ministry Brands is the place for you!
Currently, we serve our clients in these key areas:
- Online Giving
- Church Management Software (ChMS)
- Website Design and Content Management
- Mobile Applications
- Finance and Accounting Software
- Background Screening
- Streaming Services
While Ministry Brands has offices located around the country, our team is fully remote.
Communicate through chat and video calls.
Our agile software development workflow involves a team of around 6 developers and 3 QAs. We use two-week sprints, and we plan and refine work using Azure DevOps.
Code reviews help all members of the team share in code changes and our improvement process.
We manage the software development lifecycle from planning to deployment.
What you'll do
A typical day at Ministry Brands
Meeting with the various team members and stakeholders to understand and plan future work to build new features that will delight our customers.
Work with the support and marketing teams to QA and build automated tests for features that you or another developer wrote.
Support marketing by creating and automating reports using custom database queries.
Focused development time each day to complete, test and launch new and cool features.
Time is spent improving personal goals with an emphasis on new technologies we’re interested in.
Some recent projects we have worked on
- A new integration with Protect My Ministry, one of our other products for doing background checks. The new integration is React driven and utilizes AWS SQS, webhooks, and more.
- Rebuilding our Desktop Check-in app, which is an Electron app that allows attendance checkin and label printing via Brother and Dymo printers.
- New member search system built with React on the front end and using the AWS OpenSearch service.
All of our infrastructure is hosted in the Cloud at AWS, where we utilize services such as SQS and OpenSearch.
We develop locally using Docker and have multiple development, QA and Staging environments to facilitate testing and QA. We use Git for version control and utilize Azure Repos to facilitate code reviews. All project management is tracked through Azure DevOps.
Who you are
- Must demonstrate good decision-making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of work-related information and materials. Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy. Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- 4+ years professional experience performing software development tasks including coding and QA.
- Have the skills for creating both simple and complex UIs in React.
- Functional React component experience
- Bonus points for those that have experience integrating React into a legacy codebase, where new code and old code can live in harmony together.
- Have excellent CSS and Sass code skills; particularly with flexbox and other advanced CSS concepts
- Be a team player who works well with others
- Be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Have experience or is open to working remotely; our team is a fully remote team, we heavily utilize tools such as Microsoft Teams for voice and text communications, for collaboration and meetings.
- Though not required, experience in PHP, MySQL, and/or PHP frameworks would be a major positive.
- Competitive compensation. Be fancy.
- Career advancement opportunities. We'd love for you to stay a while.
- Flexible PTO Policy. Because your mental health matters.
This position can be remote within the United States.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Position:Front End Developer - ReactJob Description:Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep.
Vertex It Service is looking for a ReactJS Developer, who will have a proven understanding of React and AEM web development and front-end coding principles with respect to responsive web engineering in the development of guest-facing experiences. The.
Move from zero to one. All in a day’s work.Here’s what drives our work culture.InnovationWe encourage inspired, entrepreneurial and innovative thinking. We’ve built an environment where people can learn, evolve, experiment, and fail without fear.Freedom.
Role: Sr React Native DevelopersLocation: RemoteDuration: 12+ MonthsClient: TEKsystems / GMJob Description : We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will.
Deeply rooted in all of us are reasons for Why we make the decisions we do. At PracticeGenius we equip thousands of businesses around the globe with tools and services that more effectively engage and align their business goals and initiatives with those.
More jobs by this company
Ministry Brands is looking for a ServiceNow Administrator to join our growing team!Who we areMinistry Brands provides outstanding software, services, and content that powers churches, ministries, and faith-based organizations in the communities they.