Fast track your career in automation working for a leader in their industry! Hybrid and remote options for the right candidate in the Northeastern US!
If you have experience working with capital equipment, leading a team, heading up projects and providing work direction and guidance to less experienced team members, this could be the job for you!
Enjoy low overnight travel and flexibility! In this position you will design and develop major engineering projects with a lot of freedom and flexibility!
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 4+ years of related experience.
- Experience as an engineer working with capital equipment using electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical engineering practices, PLC experience (if possible)
- Sound understanding of electrical design, schematics, and electrical codes regarding machine tool design.
- Sound computer skills, CAD for schematics is desirable.
- Experience with machine tool equipment, electrical design.
- PLC programming Omron, Allen Bradley, and Siemens are desirable.
- HMI programming Indusoft is desirable.
- Robotics programming ABB and Fanuc are desirable.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Solidworks and the information system Epicor
- Flexible, able to react to change.
- Advanced communication skills, able to work with others and lead others
- Good organizational skills, able to plan a project from beginning to end
- Good judgment skills, able to consider how decisions affect overall company.
- Electrical Design: Responsible for creating electrical schematics, plc program logic, and electrical enclosure designs within the constraints determined by the given project, time, cost, performance.
- Project Supervision: Oversees the completion of an electrical design for a project with general supervision. These responsibilities include the following:
- Estimating engineering hours required for a project.
- Electrical enclosure design and detail.
- Electrical schematic design.
- Hands-on PLC and HMI programming.
- Hands-on Robotic programming desirable.
- Knowledge of vision systems is desirable.
- Project documentation, including bill of materials.
- Project checking.
- Manufacturing assembly support.
- Checking/Verification: Responsible for inspecting and approving all teamwork that is completed for a given project, also responsible for ensuring that any of his or her own work is inspected and approved by the engineering manager.
- Documentation: Responsible for the proper documentation of his or her work, including ECR's, machine manuals, check lists, and others.
- Scheduling & Reports: Responsible for reporting the status of his or her project in accordance with Epicor Projects (company's information system) and the engineering production schedule at each weekly meeting. If a problem occurs that requires immediate attention, it is the engineer's responsibility to report to the department manager at that time.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Get a remote job that you will love with better compensation and career growth.We’re Lemon.io — a marketplace where we match you with hand-picked startups from the US and Europe. Why work with us:We’ll find you a team that respects you. No time-trackers.
Get a remote job that you will love with better compensation and career growth.We’re Lemon.io — a marketplace where we match you with hand-picked startups from the US and Europe. Why work with us:We’ll find you a team that respects you. No time-tracke
Headquarters: New York URL: https://circle.soCircle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their.
Headquarters: New York, United States URL: https://thoughtbot.com/jobsJoin a team dedicated to creating products people love as a Remote Senior React Native DeveloperWe're growing and looking for an experienced Developer with significant React Native.