Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Mandolin is looking for experienced software engineers with SaaS experience in both client-side and server-side technologies. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of impact and demonstrated ability to consistently deliver high quality work as a developer, reviewer, and tester.
The company is remote friendly for the following states: Indiana, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, Utah, Florida, or Washington
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop high-quality code, mindful of platform reliability, availability, and scalability
- Take ownership of complex features and assist with the creation and delivery of technical work items from design to execution
- Help manage the complexities of delivering features, breaking down work, exposing dependencies and risks, scoping level of effort
- Provide technical coaching to more junior team members in a remote team environment (for example, pair programming and code reviews)
- Design and implement intelligent CI/CD and test automation strategies to ensure quality delivery
- Participate in on-call rotations and demonstrate proficiency to debug production issues and provide fixes
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of SaaS software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in multiple areas of our tech stack (Typescript, React, Python, AWS technologies, micro services, REST APIs, and relational databases)
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Strong knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Experience with web application and distributed services design and development
- Experience implementing CI/CD best practices and test automations
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of video encoding, live streaming, and chat technologies is a plus
- Enthusiasm for the fast pace of a growing, changing startup environment
- Ability to remain highly engaged and motivated while working with distributed, largely remote, teams
What we Value -
We are driven:
We believe in the power of music. We are inspired and motivated to imagine the future of how artists and fans connect through digital mediums. This belief instills a hustle in each of us to deliver incredible experiences for artists and fans and an urgency to capture this moment in time to change the industry forever.
We are good humans:
We earn the trust of artists and fans by operating in their best interests, both with our business practices and with technology that consistently delivers on its promise. We are a team that has each other’s backs through successes and challenges. We value honest and direct communication. We hold each other accountable, but aren’t interested in blame. We come to the table with conviction but commit, even when we disagree. We win as a team.
We adventure into the unknown:
We are on a great journey to chart a new path for live music, creating some of the most innovative products and services the industry has ever seen. We lead with possibility and aren’t swayed by fear. We say “yes...and…” We celebrate progress over perfection and place enormous value on each step forward.
We actively pursue diversity:
We believe in equality for all. We believe to move mountains, we need a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. We are committed to building a Mandolin team that is representative of all. We foster an environment of acceptance and inclusion, an environment where our team is encouraged to bring their “whole selves” to work, where there is constant learning from each other and where everyone has a seat at the table.
Mandolin is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: