The Investor Accounting Analyst II will be responsible for investor reporting, research and remittances. Perform 7 R’s (Reporting, Remitting, Reconciliation, Research, Root Cause Identification, Resolution and Remediation) for pool and loan level activities on behalf of assigned Client and applicable Investor guidelines. The candidate should have the aptitude to understand Test of Cash logic, MSP cash flow and cash management related activity.
Investor reporting and remitting to both agencies and clients
- Advanced problem solving skills required
- Set up servicing system to ensure all loans report accurately
- Monitor the outstanding reconciling items for agency-owned custodial bank accounts
- Trial balance reconciliations
- Field calls from investors/clients
- Install investor software updates if required
- Updating procedures as needed
- Log bank statements as received and completed
- Maintaining accounting logs
- Forecast principal and interest advance for securitization on a monthly basis, using specified pooling and servicing agreement; ensure reports are prepared within the timeframes and other terms established in the servicing agreement
- Validate data coming from other departments and work with those departments to resolve any discrepancies
- Maintain consistent attendance to ensure fulfillment of essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Establish new client custodial accounts & investor forms
- Shortage Surplus reconciliations
- Train new or serve as a back-up for employees on reporting, remitting, and reconciling activities for agency and private investors. Provide direction to the team when the manager is unavailable
- Complete research and resolve exceptions
- Prepare reports and remit funds associated with the monthly loan activity, payoffs, short sales and other events according to investor guidelines
- Reconcile P&I and T&I custodial accounts, resolve various other items as they result in clearing accounts, and balance sheet accounts
- Create and distribute monthly loan level remittances reports to appropriate trustee, including the Loss Modification Report, REO Liquidation Gains and Losses and Cease Advancing/Stop Advancing Report
- All other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college accounting preferred
- Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years in Investor Accounting/Reporting and/or Mortgage Servicing industry experience
- Agency experience with FNMA, GNMA or Freddie Mac minimum 3–5 years
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products, 10 key calculator, and have Bank Accounting Reconciliation Training
- Advance Excel skills required
- Lender Processing Services system (MSP product) experience/knowledge is desired
- Must react quickly to investor requests with a sense of urgency
- Ability to read and comprehend Mortgage Loan Sale and Servicing Agreements
- Independent self-motivator, with strong analytical and competent computer skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Ability to attend work and be productive during normal business hours and to work early, late or weekend hours as needed for successful job performance. Over time required as necessary.
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people is saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Sitting up to 95% of time
Walking up to 5% of time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
LoanCare, its affiliates and subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: