TITLE: Resident Advisor, Eagle Rock Pallet Shelter
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Eagle Rock Pallet Shelter
Employment Status: Full Time
Reg. Hours Worked: 40 week/ Non-Exempt
Location: Primary Assignment- Eagle Rock Pallet shelter
Secondary Assignment - Interim Housing Sites in East Los Angeles and Pasadena
Pay Rate: $18.55
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Eagle Rock Pallet Shelter, the Resident Advisor is responsible for the wellbeing of the clients at the site during their shift in the evening hours. This position supervises resident activities, interacts with residents and staff in a positive and courteous manner, supervises the volunteers, and ensures a safe environment for the residents at those facilities. Resident Advisor provides continuity for the care coordinators in their efforts to assist residents with legal, health, personal, recovery, and other issues, during the overnight hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Help secure the premises and account for current residents at the beginning of each shift.
- Ensure communication between shifts and during shift regarding day-to-day site operations
- Supervise resident activities in the common areas to ensure safety.
- Strive to recognize the best in each client/guest and to support the meaningful change they seek through building relationships and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques and strength based case management tools.
- Connect client/guest to transportation resources as needed to essential appointments that support their wellbeing.
- Assist client/guest in navigating and abiding by their “house rules.”
- Provide advocacy and assistance for client/guest during rules violation, and assist client/guest with identifying needed behavioral changes.
- Conduct nightly wellness checks and document accordingly.
- Document any resident issues in HMIS database system, the overnight reports, and incident reports, depending on the issue.
- Ability to use de-escalation techniques to assist residents in maintaining adherence to site guidelines.
- Contact appropriate staff via e-mail if needed to report issues and/or incidents to ensure all staff supporting this client have updated information.
- Maintain accurate resident records and logs, and assist with accurate nightly and monthly reports of the resident’s presence at shelter for reporting purposes.
- Ensure that the new residents follow first-night procedures. Review documents with new residents and obtain required signatures. Assemble new resident charts.
- Upon learning of personal health and welfare needs of the residents, encourage residents to seek any needed assistance from their primary case managers.
- Provide appropriate crisis intervention to residents which can include: support and/or problem solving, meeting immediate needs if possible, ensuring resident safety by calling for 911 services or PMRT (immediate psychiatric services) when needed.
- Check e-mail at beginning of each shift. Respond to emails as needed.
- Ensure that all meal-related duties are completed in preparation for the morning shift.
- Provide basic cleaning of common areas as needed in addition to professional cleaning services at assigned site.
- Maintain a positive relationship with volunteers by providing support and supervision as needed.
- Report building or equipment problems, security hazards, etc., to the appropriate administrative staff.
- Ensure that Union Station policies and procedures are carried out correctly.
- Participate in job related training events and attend staff meetings as required by supervisor.
- Receive occasional phone calls from supervisor when off duty regarding schedule changes.
- Responsible for chart maintenance for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work indoors in temperature controlled environment and occasionally exposed to outdoor weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Stand for long periods of time; move and walk to various locations; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, reach, pull, push, bend, and twist.
- See, hear and speak clearly in order to give and receive information and instructions.
- Ability to remain awake throughout the night.
- Ability to write to complete paperwork and nightly logbook.
- Ability to interact with other employees, residents, customers and members of the public.
- Ability to react and adapt to a changing work environment.
- May require exposure to infectious agents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with the public in a courteous manner.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Strong social skills.
- Good problem solving and observation skills.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with email and ability to accurately enter notes into database system.
- Knowledge surrounding poverty, homelessness and social factors involved.
- Understanding or willingness to learn best practices including harm reduction, housing first, and trauma informed care.
- Ability to understand the needs of people experiencing homelessness & those with disabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Knowledgeable about services for homeless and low income individuals throughout Los Angeles County.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of chemical dependency and mental health issues.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years of demonstrated ability to work effectively with adults in an adult or family congregate setting, or other homeless services oriented position.
- Familiarity in understanding and dealing with residents/clients with history of substance use and/or mental health related issues.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Union Station Homeless Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Transnetyx is seeking an International team member to serve on our Genetic Services team.As a Genetic Resolutions Specialist, you are responsible for serving as liaison between customer and company to address complaints, inquiries, and resolve issues with the overall goal of main
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a 2nd shift Data Center Operator w/ 1-2 years of Operations support type experience.Event management - daily 90-95% * Keep track of job flows activities and react to any problems/eventsMonitor the different processing platforms that pass data/files t
Reports To:VP of Information TechnologyClassification:Full Time, Exempt PositionLocation:RemoteSupervises:N/APosition Summary:To support continued growth while maintaining our high standards for customer service, Infinity Global is seeking a talented, motivated Project Manager to
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) installs, repairs, upgrades, and services 3D printers and supporting equipment for external customers.Near Term Deliverables – First YearParticipate in on-call rotations immediately (with help from team)Demonstrate competency in 2 or more su
Position SummaryThe Client Relationship Developer will play a central role in company growth by identifying and cultivating new client relationships for Lynx. As a marketing consultancy built by insight pros, we thrive by establishing and nurturing immersive, consultative, and lo