As a Senior Software Engineer at BookNook, you will immediately play an integral role in building out, scaling, and optimizing our cloud-based learning platform. You will join our fast-growing team as an early employee that can build and shape the future direction of our services in delivering outstanding user experiences and learning tools.
At BookNook you will:
- Mentor a team of engineers, and help drive engineering culture within the organization.
- Build, test, scale, support, and frequently refine new products and services.
- Own what you build through the entire product lifecycle.
- Tackle a wide variety of coding challenges throughout the stack and contribute to all parts of our codebase.
- Build a platform that teaches reading to thousands of children every day.
- Be surrounded by a great team of highly talented professionals doing the best work of their lives, and having fun with it.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience of shipping high-quality web-based software
- Deep expertise in backend technologies, including frameworks such as NodeJS or Django, relational databases, SQL, data modeling, API design, testing, performance optimization, etc. We run a Nodejs / Postgres stack that leverages Google Firebase for real-time sync.
- Experience deploying and maintaining software in cloud environments. We host our services on Heroku, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Passion for learning and tackling new and exciting technical challenges.
- Someone who cares about the user experience and is driven by solving real-world problems.
- Someone who embraces the agile development process and lean startup approach, grounded in metrics and user data.
- A passion for teaching and our company mission. Many BookNook employees are former educators.
Perks and Benefits:
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks off.
- 401(k): With a 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + a $100 monthly stipend for home expenses.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
LocationRemoteQualificationsEducationBachelors Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.ExperienceTechnical skills:Experience in web, mob
**We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.Are you an Advanced ReactJS Developer (Remote) with experience in application development with Java development, HTML, CSS? Are you looking for
LocationSan Francisco or RemoteTypeFull timeDepartmentEngineeringTreasury Prime builds APIs that give developers a direct connection to the banking system, making it easy to embed a full range of banking services, from bank accounts, to custom debit cards, payments, and more, int
Transnetyx is seeking an International team member to serve on our Genetic Services team.As a Genetic Resolutions Specialist, you are responsible for serving as liaison between customer and company to address complaints, inquiries, and resolve issues with the overall goal of main
ResponsibilitiesDeveloping new user-facing features using React.jsBuilding reusable components and front-end libraries for future useTranslating designs and wireframes into high quality codeOptimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices a