Near Term Deliverables – First Year
- Participate in on-call rotations immediately (with help from team)
- Demonstrate competency in 2 or more subsystems within 2 months
- Complete all Level 2 (or higher) training in remainder of 2021
- Complete all Level 3 (or higher) training within 6 months
- Deploy to customer site for dedicated on-site assignment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow procedures to test, operate and maintain 3D Printers and related equipment
- Assemble and test mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and optics sub-assemblies; demonstrate mastery in one of these areas
- Interpret manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams to solve problems
- Repair equipment with hand tools and test instruments
- Order and replace parts as needed
- Collaborate with others to test, tune, upgrade and adjust equipment
- Consult with engineering when needed to resolve problems or to suggest product improvements
- Install and commission equipment according to specifications
- Follow protocols for security, safety, access, scheduling, and communications
- Provide specific training and instruction to customers, coworkers, and contract manufacturers
- Schedule and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Communicate daily activities, status, and metrics
- Advise management regarding customer satisfaction and product performance
- Participate in developing processes, procedures and documentation as directed by supervisor
- Participate in team and other assigned meetings
- Other duties as needed or required
- Required: Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in an applicable field such as engineering, computer science, etc.
- Desired: Master’s degree from an accredited university in engineering, business administration or a related field.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience:
- Operating and maintaining complicated machines in a lab or manufacturing environment
- Customer-facing field service positions
- Hands-on repair and calibration of equipment
- Startup experience
- Military service
- Active security clearance
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Experience in the 3D AM markets
- Independent operator: Demonstrated ability to perform independently at customer sites, recruiting additional experts only as required. The candidate should be team-oriented, but also self-directed (escalates only after troubleshooting fully) and display a high level of accountability. Must have a valid drivers’ license and be able to rent vehicles with their own credit card. Ability to travel for extended periods.
- Effective communicator: Ability to clearly articulate problem descriptions, action plans, priorities and results to customers and internal team members verbally and in writing. Has good computer skills to enter data and record information in reports and databases.
- Attention to details/focus on quality: Aptitude to follow process instructions. Quickly develops understanding of procedures. Mindful of details and acts with accuracy. Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace, including cleaning and protecting their own tools.
- Committed to results: The Field Service Engineering organization is measured by its ability to maintain machine availability. Candidates should provide examples of completing tasks fully instead of leaving work for others to finish. They should be willing to perform repetitive tasks such as calibrations or preventative maintenance. Ability to work long hours when required to get the job done.
- Technical aptitude: Has prior experience in machine troubleshooting and operation. Demonstrated education or experience in electrical, mechanical, optical, software or another related discipline that strengthens the team. Learns quickly when facing new problems. Can learn and process information from diverse fields. Connects the dots quickly.
- Safety mindset: Demonstrated experience following established safety rules and regulations such as OSHA and LOTO. Can describe why periodic recertification and site-specific requirements are important to customers. Prior experience with CPR, AED, Fire extinguishers or ERT are pluses.
- Cool under pressure: Understands and reacts appropriately to customer escalations, potentially diffusing tense/stressful situations through active listening, note taking, empathy and redirecting conversation toward problem solving and resolution. Acts quickly to address problems and communicates status throughout the process.
- Acts with Integrity & Trust: Widely trusted, direct, truthful and is a person of high character. Acts consistently and in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs. Shares appropriate information at the right level with the right parties at the right time. Passes all background checks.
- Ability to be authorized for work in government and medical facilities. Current or past security clearances are a plus.
- Working at a desk in an open office environment for extended periods of time
- Able to lift a maximum of 100 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
Other Physical Requirements
- Must wear steel-toed boots and protective eye-wear
- Must wear respirator for certain tasks
- May require hearing protection
- High frequency of computer keyboarding
- High frequency of viewing a computer monitor
- Other personal protective equipment as applicable
About the Company:
Our team enjoys excellent benefits including healthcare coverage and 401(K) employer contributions. We believe in transparency and recognizing exceptional efforts through our monthly all-hands meetings and team member appreciation awards.
Velo3D provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Reports To:VP of Information TechnologyClassification:Full Time, Exempt PositionLocation:RemoteSupervises:N/APosition Summary:To support continued growth while maintaining our high standards for customer service, Infinity Global is seeking a talented, motivated Project Manager to
Position SummaryThe Client Relationship Developer will play a central role in company growth by identifying and cultivating new client relationships for Lynx. As a marketing consultancy built by insight pros, we thrive by establishing and nurturing immersive, consultative, and lo
64360BRDigital MediaDirect-to-ConsumerResponsibilitiesThe Incident Management Specialist will be part of the Peacock Incident Management team supporting the 24x7x365 ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Specialist will provide eyes-on-glass monitoring from within the.
The Order Entry Agent is responsible for processing phone orders from end users and contractors. Duties include answering a high volume of phone calls for parts orders, price requests, inventory inquiries, and entering phone orders and seeing through to shipment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Our national multi-family management company seeks a Compliance Monitor with a "Whatever it Takes" attitude to be responsible for monitoring the residentfiles of affordable housing communities for federal, state, and local,regulatory and company policy compliance.JOB SU