Location | remote position with the option to work in our Denver, CO HQ
Reports to | Engineering Manager
Job type | 1099 Independent Contractor
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our team! At Justice Reskill, we are passionate and committed to advancing equity in the technical field through our mission of training and career placement for folks in the justice-involved community.
This role has a dual purpose. First, you'll work alongside our growing team of developers building websites, mobile apps, API integrations, and more for clients in our newly launched software development agency, JR Launch. And you'll work with our internal team to build some world-class tools to support the Justice Reskill student community. You'll have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product lifecycle: product prototyping, developing features in response to user feedback, and operating technical systems at scale.
As an engineer on the JR Launch team, you have a passion for solving technical problems and providing workable solutions, along with outstanding communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
You’re an ideal team member if:
- you focus on user impact, value reliable technology, and are willing to help us scale to support our mission.
- you envision a better world through supporting a path of economic stability for justice-involved people.
- you have proven experience as an engineer, working in a fast-paced production environment.
- you are excited about working in a fast-growing, yet empathetic work environment.
If this is you, we want to hear your story!
Our Organizational Ethos:
Justice Reskill is a unique social enterprise startup, that exists to secure greater access and opportunity for the justice-involved community to transcend personal and societal limitations. We encourage all candidates to start with reading our recent post about justice and equity as our guiding principles. We expect all team members to:
- Understand and embody the company's unique intersectionality of tech, equity, and justice reform.
- Promote workforce equity and inclusion throughout the organization.
- Be committed to amplifying and supporting folks that are justice-involved, Black, BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, and other marginalized communities.
- Be committed to advancing on their own journey towards equity.
- Have a passion for working in a deeply mission-driven startup culture.
- Be passionate about working within a fast-paced and flexible startup culture to lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
Work alongside a project manager, taking end-to-end ownership of the quality of the software and solutions you build
- Participate in all aspects of software development: plan, code, test, deploy, monitor, and fix bugs
- Coordinate with network and application to ensure reliability, availability, and stability of network and network resources
- Be a technical subject matter expert and help mentor and educate the Justice Reskill team
- Build quality into your code upfront and resolve production issues to the root cause; write, test, refine, and rewrite, if necessary
- Troubleshoot to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Consult team concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
- Investigate new technologies and reevaluate the software and systems that make the learning platform work
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending external courses, reading manuals, and accessing new applications
- Multi-cloud environment experience (ideally AWS & GCP)
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently over the phone, through presentations and written channels (i.e. ticket, chat, email, Slack) is critical
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
- Current or future Twilio certifications
Our internal tech stack includes (but is not limited to):
- Back End Web Development | MySQL, PostgresSQL, Python
- Mobile Development | React Native
- Twilio API integrations
Our external client-facing tech stack varies depending on the needs of the client. We value Software Engineers with experience in multiple programming languages as well as the ability to adapt to business needs.
Salary + Benefits
This position is a 1099 Independent Contract role. Our Software Engineer - Contractors are compensated on a project task basis at a rate of $65 per hour. Benefits are not offered with this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Justice Reskill values a diverse, inclusive workplace and strongly encourages justice-involved, women, people of color, LGBT folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Justice Reskill is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
How to Apply:
First, make sure you read our Organizational Ethos and other job-related information above.
Next, complete our Skills Rating form here [the password is LAUNCH] (this helps us understand your proficiency level with your preferred tech stack. And yes, we trust your opinion of yourself!)
And finally, click on apply now link to submit your application. There are a series of questions for you to reflect on and answer. You do not have to submit a cover letter, resume, or photo (these are 100% optional). Your LinkedIn, Github profile and/or your developer website is handy so we can get an idea of some of the cool things you've built so far.
If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please reach out to email@example.com. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use.
NOTE - candidates that do not take the time to reflect and answer the application questions will not likely be able to move forward with our interview process.
Bonus - take our Skills Assessment Test to add to your application and email us to let us know you've finished it. We'll send you a copy so you can review it yourself.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionDesigns, develops and tests program units; works on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems; participates in implementations of new systems or modifications to existing systems to meet Information Systems and client business requirements
Objetivo:El desarrollador web formará parte del equipo de ingeniería frontend y ayudará a crear una herramienta interna, así como a crear nuevos productos basados en la web. Adicionalmente, colabora con los expertos UX para mejorar experiencia de clien
Required Qualifications:5+ years of overall IT/Digital development experience2+ years of Retail eCommerce applications or worked in Enterprise Environments4+ years of hands-on experience in developing responsive web pages leveraging React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) or N
Infosys is seeking a ReactJS Developer. This position will add value to a gamut of Software Development lifecycle stages; will create detailed design artifacts like program specifications, test plans; and independently develop and review code and contribute to the go-live plan. Y
Piper Companies is currently seeking a React Developer for a REMOTE (fully WFH) opportunity at a leading data analytics marketing company. The React Developer must be able to work EST hours. The React Developer will design and implement user interfaces, improve the functionality.