OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Our Product Engineering group builds our main product interface (https://www.onesignal.com) and API. OneSignal is used by 1.5 million+ marketers and developers, and sends over 10 billion messages each day to billions of devices. Our small team’s work makes a massive impact. We tackle challenges at the intersection of engineering and product development, like notification authoring for over a dozen different platforms and multiple mediums (push, in-app, SMS, and email) and intelligent message delivery customized to each recipient.
About the Team:
In a typical month, a Staff Product Engineer at OneSignal might:
- Drive critical development on major features, tackling big scalability and system design challenges to create a delightful product experience.
- Iterate with product on prospective product specs and designs as a technical expert, weighing in not just on feasibility but on opportunities driven by great tech.
- Identify our highest leverage technical investment opportunities, socialize, and document plans to enhance our systems, and lead them to success with your colleagues.
- Provide feedback to managers on the team to ensure every engineer is succeeding at their work, enjoying it thoroughly, and tackling new challenges regularly so they can continue to grow.
- Pair/group program, iterate on technical designs with colleagues, and engage in highly communicative code reviews to drive engineering excellence and share knowledge.
What you'll bring:
- Expert-level understanding and experience with server-side development, Ruby + Rails or equivalent preferred.
- Strong experience with modern client-side development with TypeScript + React or equivalent.
- A demonstrable ability to analyze multifaceted challenges, seek out and understand the tradeoffs involved, and make a thorough proposal of the most fitting path forward.
- A proven track record of tackling hard engineering problems, navigating complex software systems, and learning + applying new tools and languages on–the-job.
- A passion for mentoring junior through senior software engineers to achieve technical excellence together.
- 7+ years software engineering experience building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end.
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships, provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
Headquarters: Ulm, Germany URL: https://starfish.team/enWe are growing and looking for talented full stack Ruby on Rails Developers (f/m/d) who have 3+ years experience to join our passionate team as fixed employees or contractors in different projects.
Hi, We’re AppFolio.We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make renters' lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business
Short facts about us: We are a global remote-first team of 80+ people on 2 continents and in 7 time zones.We have been protecting our clients since 2014.The company has raised over $10M in investments.More than 200 customers around the world, including.
At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.Look through our Careers Page to see our.
The RealReal Seller Acquisition team is looking for a kind and curious Senior Software Engineer who enjoys solving challenging problems.Our awesome team of friendly humans is responsible for making it easy and compelling for individuals to consign items.