Squaremouth's mission is to take complicated insurance products and allow customers to easily compare them to find exactly what they need for peace of mind as they travel away from home - and our engineers are an essential part of building that experience.
Every person spends time troubleshooting bugs, reviewing other peoples’ code, supporting customer service while on-call, and deploying updates to production. This allows all of our developers the opportunity to understand our entire system from beginning to end. The Squaremouth team promotes a collaborative environment using industry best practices, such as weekly iteration planning meetings, Continuous Integration, code reviews, and Continuous Deployment. Peer critiques and constructive criticism allow the development team to grow and learn at a fast pace.
What you will do:
- Work on complicated performance problems to improve our current systems
- Help architect UX and UI components to modernize existing interfaces
- Explore new languages, frameworks, and other technologies to improve user experience
- Use automated testing with continuous integration to validate the functionality of the code you write
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other members of the team
- Mentor our other developers on development best practices
- Autonomously lead and design larger projects to improve our website and administrative backend
Experience and skills that are important for success in this position:
- Experience in web application development with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to work independently, arranging your work to meet deadlines
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and challenging problems
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Ability to work within a team, collaborate on projects, and share responsibility
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Building large, performant web applications using Ruby on Rails
- Creating REST or GraphQL API endpoints
- Building and maintaining a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) or microservices
- Machine learning or other AI related technologies
- Docker and other related tools such as docker-compose, and Kubernetes
- Exposure to programming with GoLang or PHP
- Experience with AWS services and their APIs
Who we are:
Squaremouth is a fast paced and exciting company that strongly encourages employee input and ideas. Our team believes in delivering perfection while doing less. We aren’t afraid to experiment with our work or our business. Our owners get their hands dirty every day and generously share company profits. Squaremouth has the energy of a startup with the stability and profitability of an established business.
This small company suffers no bureaucracy. Most of what we do is a group effort including interviews and pay raises. With this uniqueness comes the dedication to the Squaremouth way, best described as the constant pursuit of perfection, unfettered attention to detail, incredible customer service and a burning desire to do things better tomorrow.
Squaremouth is a leader and supporter of the local software development community, founding and regularly hosting the Fort Wayne OpenHack meetup.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Revenue share
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Paid medical for employee, spouse and dependents
- Paid employee vision and dental
- 401(k) match
- Mandatory birthday off with $200 beer bonus
- Automatic CPI increase every January
- Paid parking
- Involvement in major Squaremouth decisions, including pay raises and new hires
- Normally optional work from the office days on Tuesday and Thursday. Due to Covid, we are currently full time optionally in the office.
No agency or freelance inquiries please. Local candidates preferred, but remote will be considered.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are staffing a fully remote Full-Stack Software Engineer role at a well-funded Series A company, which is building one of the leading SaaS solutions to manage user research at scale. They have a truly different and genuinely caring team culture with.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Ruby on Rails Engineer to join a Healthcare company located in Boston, MA through 100% permanently remote work. The Remote Ruby on Rails Engineer will be an integral part of the web services team and be responsible.
A Qualified Candidate must have5-7 years of full stack development experienceExtremely proficient in RoR frameworkMust have high level proficiency in:JavaJava ScriptAngular JSAWSMYSQLPostgresqlHTMLCSSAdditional experience is preferred in:PHPExperience.
Job Role: Ruby on Rails/ Rack DeveloperLocation: Remote (must be based out of the US / Canada)Duration: 12 monthsTravel: Less than 5%Experience: Proven work experience in a software development team, 5+ years Ruby experienceJob DescriptionReporting to.
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment.
More jobs by this company
Squaremouth's mission is to take complicated insurance products and allow customers to easily compare them to find exactly what they need for peace of mind as they travel away from home - and our engineers are an essential part of building that experience..