Whitespectre is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to work on Whitespectre’s own SaaS platform as well as exciting projects for our client partners. In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team of backend and frontend engineers, Product, and UI/UX to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing!
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and justifying your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 8 pm Central European Team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance applications, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects) for the right candidate.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: