Kalkomey is a leading provider of online recreational safety education, certifications, and cloud-based agency management solutions. The company serves both outdoor enthusiasts and state and local government agencies in all 50 U.S. states, as well as Australia, Canada, Guam, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom. Through its learning management system, Kalkomey delivers regulatory-approved safety education courses and certifications for a broad spectrum of outdoor recreational activities, including boating, hunting, snowmobiling, off-roading and scuba diving, among others. Today, the company offers more than 360 courses worldwide and certifies nearly one million outdoor enthusiasts each year. Additionally, Kalkomey’s agency management solutions enable state agencies to drive greater operational efficiencies of key workflows from licensing and registration, to certification and event management, and compliance and reporting. Through the integration of its online safety education and agency management solutions, Kalkomey is able to deliver a single platform for recreational safety management that makes outdoor recreation more accessible, drives recreational activity, participation, and increases civic engagement.
Founded in 1995, Kalkomey has over 100 employees and is headquartered in Richardson, TX. The company maintains additional offices in Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Sweden.
Kalkomey is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Technology & Development team. This position has the ability to work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position is crucial to helping drive and push technology using the Ruby on Rails stack; as well as to transition, migrate, and take tactical and strategic approaches with all of the company’s software.
- Participate in the analysis of customer and vendor requirements and provide technical direction on the creation of detailed program design specifications for high complexity user interfaces, application enhancements, new functionality and backend processes in collaboration with customers, Business System Analysts and other project team members.
- Develops and modifies complex, deadline-intensive and/or mission-critical applications using advanced programming tools
- Documents all code using standard forms and procedures and review others work as appropriate
- Assists others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs
- Recommends process, methodology and tool changes in conjunction with Architects and QA to best meet the needs of the department and client
- Works with QA to participate in unit, system and user acceptance testing based on an understanding of the development lifecycle
- Participates in architectural recommendations/decisions and work with other infrastructure groups as applicable to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases, peripherals or other technology
- Provides the highest level of technical production support for applications, assists others with complex problem resolution and responds with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner
- Works with Business System Analysts, Project Managers or other management to recommend process or system enhancements
- Works with DBAs, Architects and other team members to ensure logical and physical data models and relationship diagrams are completed and executed according to methodology and user requirements
- Successful track record developing quality software products
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Angular2 and/or React
- Responsive Web Design
- Linux fundamentals
- Ansible (nice to have)
- Ability to mentor junior developers
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Understanding of the SDLC
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or relevant field is preferred with six to ten years of experience in software development using Ruby on Rails.
This is generally a sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer and phone. Must have the ability to lift up to 10 lbs. Must be able to perform the essential job functions consistent with this job description.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes an employer matched 401(k) plan, medical/dental/vision with a generous employer contribution, company paid life insurance, voluntary STD/LTD coverage, a casual and dog-friendly office, 3 weeks paid vacation, maternity and paternity benefits, and a flexible work schedule!
Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
SENIOR SOFTWARE RUBY ENGINEERFULLY REMOTE - US ONLYWe didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags — creating a fragmented landscape where busines
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a IT Automation Developer to join our rapidly growing IT
Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our growing Engineering
Company: Casting NetworksPosition: Ruby on Rails EngineerHQ: Los Angeles, CA but this is a FULLY REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S or CanadaCasting Networks is the leading technology solution provider for casting and auditioning to the entertainment industry. Our software.